VIOFO App Updates

rcg530

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
BlackVue, Thinkware, VIOFO, Vantrue, Blueskysea, FineVu
Thanks @DashCamMan for creating the "VIOFO Other" sub-forum in the VIOFO forum.

I want to try to have everyone that posts updates for the VIOFO app update releases do it in this new sub-forum. That will eliminate the need to post the same iOS/Android app update info in multiple VIOFO dash camera model specific forums.

On 10-July-2023, VIOFO released iOS v3.7 of the VIOFO app.

1689056148393.png
@VIOFO-Support stated this update has the following changes:

It has optimized other bugs with A129 series camera. The TV Format remained as this app will be used with all our cameras. Since some of them can support AV out.

I ask you to make the date and time font in the album with a video of a different color. Now they are white and against the background of a light sky, the date of creation is not visible. Maybe blue? You can see it on both light and dark backgrounds.

I ask you to make the date and time font in the album with a video of a different color. Now they are white and against the background of a light sky, the date of creation is not visible. Maybe blue? You can see it on both light and dark backgrounds.
I like your suggestion.
Can you post a screenshot of your current displayed information?
Please indicate what model dash dam is being used?
Please indicate what device is being used (smartphone / tablet / make / model)?
Please include a screenshot of the camera firmware & APP version.
See attached screenshot for example.
-Chuck

Attachments

• A139 Pro .jpg
    A139 Pro .jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 8
Мне нравится ваше предложение.
Можете ли вы опубликовать скриншот вашей текущей отображаемой информации?
Укажите, пожалуйста, какая модель дамб используется?
Уточните, пожалуйста, какое устройство используется (смартфон/планшет/марка/модель)?
Приложите скриншот прошивки камеры и версии приложения.
См., например, прикрепленный скриншот.
-Чак
Huawei P30 pro

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230813_153733_com.viofo.viofo_edit_2207106671977802.jpg
    Screenshot_20230813_153733_com.viofo.viofo_edit_2207106671977802.jpg
    283 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20230813_153829_com.viofo.viofo.jpg
    Screenshot_20230813_153829_com.viofo.viofo.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 15
Thanks @DashCamMan for creating the "VIOFO Other" sub-forum in the VIOFO forum.

I want to try to have everyone that posts updates for the VIOFO app update releases do it in this new sub-forum. That will eliminate the need to post the same iOS/Android app update info in multiple VIOFO dash camera model specific forums.

On 10-July-2023, VIOFO released iOS v3.7 of the VIOFO app.

View attachment 66235
@VIOFO-Support stated this update has the following changes:

It has optimized other bugs with A129 series camera. The TV Format remained as this app will be used with all our cameras. Since some of them can support AV out.
Good idea, i have a feeling not many people will use this unfortunately (not your fault, but just people are naturally guided to the sub-forums of the forum designated by model number. Hopefully some links are provided too, i wish sites like APK Mirror would also provide changelogs, as they already provide the APKs on Android for previous releases of the app...

If you're using the iOS version of the VIOFO app and you've updated the A229 Plus or A229 Pro front camera firmware version to v1.1_231208, you'll notice a problem setting the resolution setting using the iOS version of the VIOFO app. I just tested v4.0 of the iOS VIOFO app with both of those dash cameras and it displays and sets the firmware resolution setting correctly.

VIOFO iOS app

The Android version of the VIOFO app has been updated to version 3.2.14. It appears to have the same changes as the iOS v4.0 app with regards to the setting of the resolution value for the A229 Pro/Plus dash cameras.

It no longer requires you to stop recording before entering the settings screen!

1702346186134.png

VIOFO Android app

The Android version of the VIOFO app has been updated to version 3.2.14. It appears to have the same changes as the iOS v4.0 app with regards to the setting of the resolution value for the A229 Pro/Plus dash cameras.

It no longer requires you to stop recording before entering the settings screen!

View attachment 69723

VIOFO Android app
Another step closer to Vantrue. Now need to be able to update the firmware thru wifi/LTE and we're good!

Another step closer to Vantrue. Now need to be able to update the firmware thru wifi/LTE and we're good!
Working on this now, just needs a little work.
We already supported this 3 years ago, just need to add it to support the latest models.

We already supported this 3 years ago, just need to add it to support the latest models.
Awesome looking forward to it! :)

A bit of healthy competition is good :p

@VIOFO-Support
Good News: iOS APP has been updated to 4.2.1
Bad News: OTA Updates still non functional
I want my MTV.

Reactions: Mtz
@VIOFO-Support
I updated. When you click to watch videos recorded for Android, they switch to live video. Additionally, videos downloaded to the phone cannot be watched.

@VIOFO-Support @viofo

1714122072232-01.jpeg
In 3-camera recordings, whichever front and rear camera tabs you choose from the application, those camera images will be listed. but if you select interior it will not be listed.
1714122038860-01.jpeg
When you look at the all videos tab, there is no letter "i" in the interior camera image preview image.

In short, when you click on the interior tab, the videos are not listed.

I never thought I would see Viofo playing catch-up to Vantrue.
C’mon, you guys are better than this.
Chop, chop.
That is the British spelling, another of your British Seafaring Phrases, it originates from Cantonese, and in Cantonese it is spelt with a "k".
It worked for the Coca Cola app, could be a successful strategy for a dashcam app? :unsure: :

(I imagine that VIOFO-Support was laughing because the Viofo factory was going to look like this :ROFLMAO:)

@VIOFO-Support @viofo

View attachment 72042
In 3-camera recordings, whichever front and rear camera tabs you choose from the application, those camera images will be listed. but if you select interior it will not be listed.
View attachment 72041
When you look at the all videos tab, there is no letter "i" in the interior camera image preview image.

In short, when you click on the interior tab, the videos are not listed.
@viofo @VIOFO-Support
Video playback issues recorded in the app persist.
There are problems when watching videos you downloaded to your phone.
For example, watching FHD recordings.
Cannot watch 2k or 4k.

Also, A129 Pro duo GPS is on, it does not show map and GPS data while watching the rear camera video saved and downloaded to the phone. Since the front camera records 4k anyway, I cannot control it.
a119 mini 2 2k recording cannot be watched.
Map information is displayed and GPS data is processed even if GPS is turned off during A139 FHD recording. This means that even if GPS is off for the a139, GPS is on in the background and not in the bottom left of the screen when watching videos. In my opinion, GPS data should not be completely embedded in the video.

@viofo @VIOFO-Support
Video playback issues recorded in the app persist.
There are problems when watching videos you downloaded to your phone.
For example, watching FHD recordings.
Cannot watch 2k or 4k.

Also, A129 Pro duo GPS is on, it does not show map and GPS data while watching the rear camera video saved and downloaded to the phone. Since the front camera records 4k anyway, I cannot control it.
a119 mini 2 2k recording cannot be watched.
Map information is displayed and GPS data is processed even if GPS is turned off during A139 FHD recording. This means that even if GPS is off for the a139, GPS is on in the background and not in the bottom left of the screen when watching videos. In my opinion, GPS data should not be completely embedded in the video.
We need more details so we will contact you via the conversations.

Back