2024 Tucson HEV Limited - Dashcam power drain with VIOFO A229 Pro

donnybrook

Reaction score
Country
United States
I installed a VIOFO A229 Pro with the VIOFO HK4 hardwire kit in my 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe HEV Limited. I set the voltage cutoff to 12.2V and the camera works flawlessly in parking mode and driving mode. My car can sit for days and I have no issues with battery drain.

I just installed the same dash cam using the same hardwire kit in my wife's 2024 Hyundai Tucson HEV Limited. I initially set the voltage cutoff to 12.0V but that drained the battery and caused the Tucson to trigger its battery protection. I changed the cutoff to 12.2V and it is still triggering the Tuscon's built-in battery protection. I've unplugged the camera for now to do some investigation.

On the Tucson, I tapped into the spare fuse locations. I'm tempted to switch that up. The other thing I am considering is that the voltage protection tap is faulty.

Any thoughts or have you experienced this?

20240422_233140.jpg

The Tuscon seems to have a difference battery bms with different values for the battery, could have swore there's some resistor on the hk4 you can change to increase the cutoff, try looking into that.

Try to obtain the HK5 which is an updated version of HK4.

Back