A229 Pro Test & Review PP

What was the reason for choosing 27m?
I think that's the distance across the street.
Correct.
Photo 1 shows the location of the test rig.
Photo 2 shows the garage door partially open.
Photo 3 shows downrange.
The test rig is directly in line with the Blue BMW 3 Series.
The license plate of the BMW is 28 Meters from the test rig according to my laser rangefinder, (CIGMAN CT-1000).
I’ll be going over the recorded test footage as spoon as I have my morning bran flakes. lol

1.) Test Rig Location .png
2.) Release The Hounds .png
3.) Downrange .png

Oops.
I was so excited to get testing I forgot to take photos of the telephoto cameras.
The cameras arrived in “bulk” packaging with no identifying box, user manual, part number, nothing, nada, zip.
I’m not sure if these are pre-production, or the final retail versions.
But I’m 99% sure these are the retail units that will be sold to customers.
We now have an LED light that reminds me of the premium units I’ve tested from Thinkware, and GNET.
Of course you will most likely want to disable the LED in the settings to conserve power in parking mode, and not attract unwanted attention.
Or not.
We get a new 60cm USB Type-C cable with 90° on both ends, (the previous rear camera had one 90° and one straight.
As far as size goes they are basically the same size as the previous rear camera, (only slightly larger by a few millimeters).
I reviewed some file sizes an they are identical to the previous rear camera.
I don’t have any proof but these appear to be the same regular rear camera with a slightly enlarged case, and of course the longer telephoto lens.
Oh yeah, each telephoto had a different firmware, good thing I checked, and updated the older one.
Keep in mind the A229 Pro & A229 Plus rear cameras have their own processor chipset built in the case.
The newest firmware in the telephoto is V1.0 240419
Can’t wait to see if the night time HDR has been improved.
We have yet another new “one off’ CPL Filter.
From 2016-2021 we had just two, (CPL-100 & CPL-200).
In the past 2 months Viofo has released 3 different CPL Filters, (CPL-300, CPL-400, and now this one CPL-500)?
It feels like they’re making Super Bowl XIV commemorative tumblers from McDonald's, gotta collect ‘em all. lol
Does this help with night videos at all? I have a slight tint and I can tell with my camera it's hard to read anything.

Does this help with night videos at all? I have a slight tint and I can tell with my camera it's hard to read anything.
What dash cam do you have?
Do you have tint on your windshield?
This video will tell you what this Telephoto camera will do;

24.6° is what I measured the Horizontal FOV to be for the new Telephoto Remote cameras for the A229 Pro & A229 Plus.
For reference I measured the Horizontal FOV of the Front camera to be 112° FOV.

View attachment 72402
View attachment 72403
View attachment 72404

Shooutout to @DAP for suggesting test patterns to check focus.
It looks like I’ll need to modify my testing jig to back off the camera a bit.

@Vortex Radar
@Nigel
@Mtz
@ogzogz
@Agie
@TonyM
@Karagandinez
@DT MI
@rcg530
@safedrivesolutions
Such a measurement is completely wrong and erroneous. The scale of the angles must be circular

Attachments

• Bez názvu.png
    Bez názvu.png
    15.1 KB · Views: 4
Such a measurement is completely wrong and erroneous. The scale of the angles must be circular
The measurement is wrong, but he corrects it using a calculator, see post #611.

Such a measurement is completely wrong and erroneous.
Sorry for the confusion.
Please see this thread to see how I measure;

Back