BlackVue Sync - A new portable, hands-off, automatic recording downloader for NAS or Docker

Gday all

Reviving this one and hoping someone would guide me step by step.. (as I have no idea)

I have a Synology 918 and I've downloaded docker however not sure where to go from here if anyone is game enough to help.

Cheers
It's easier to just add the script to your "Control Panel" >> "Task Scheduler"

Where's the script itself?
All the info, including the script is here: https://github.com/acolomba/blackvuesync

I wasn't able to get the docker image for this to run properly. I didn't use the Task Scheduler, but I have actually have added the task to crontab to run it every hour.

There is no crontab editor available on the synology nas, so you can copy from /etc/crontab, edit it somewhere else, and then copy it back.

- Enable ssh login in your "Control Panel" >> "Terminal & SNMP"
- Create a user that has Admin capability
- Use that user to ssh into your NAS: ssh YOUR_USERNAME@YOUR_NAS_IP
- Once there, type "sudo su -" ENTER, then "cd /etc" ENTER, then "cp crontab /volume1/ONE_OF_YOUR_SHARES"
- Copy the blackvuesync.py file (see first sentence) to that same share (ONE_OF_YOUR_SHARES)
- Go edit the crontab file and add: "0 * * * * root /bin/python /volume1/ONE_OF_YOUR_SHARES/blackvuesync.py 192.168.1.152 --destination /volume1/ONE_OF_YOUR_SHARES --keep 2w --grouping weekly"
- rsh back to you nas, do "sudo su -" again, and copy the crontab file back: "cp /volume1/ONE_OF_YOUR_SHARES/crontab /etc/crontab", then type "synosystemctl restart crond" to get cron to read the new file.

That's it.

hi

I'm really keen to set this up... but I drive a lot and my van is hardly ever in range of my wifi, maybe an hour a day weekdays max... which I guess isn't enough to transfer 8 hours/day of driving?

is there any way to have it upload via a sim card hotspot?

I can get an unlimited data sim card for £15/month

I could power the dash cam and hotspot from a small 12v power bank, so keep them running longer when parked... it would mess up the parking/not parked function of the dash cam but I think I'd be ok with that

I have a server running at home already, runs home assistant / cctv etc. so easy to run something on there

if not... I guess an arduino or raspberry pi could download the footage from the dashcam and then upload it to my server... but it seams bit high power, a bit expensive... and a way out of my to setup from scratch

You could run it on a Raspberry Pi in your vehicle, with a hotspot, uploading to a server or cloud storage.

Back