Can the B-112 battery pack be used with other brands?

WhoWhatWhyUserName

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Can the Blackvue B-112 battery pack be used with other brand dash cams? Especially ones with parking mode that use ACC Off detection to activate.

Thanks

I use a BlackVue B-112 in my car with a variety of different dash cameras. The B-112 only has a 2-wire output power connection with a cigarette lighter adapter (CLA) output power socket. This usually means the B-112 will require the dash camera to support vehicle motion based entry/exit of parking mode.

I have three other 3-wire capable dash camera battery packs in my dash camera review vehicle, but there are times I need to use the B-112 to power a dash camera as well. When I'm reviewing a dash camera that requires a 3-wire connection (BATT+, ACC+ and Ground), I've created a CLA plug that plugs into the B-112's CLA socket and I split the BATT+ power from the B-112 into two wires. One of those wires is connected to a switch which allows me to simulate the ACC+ on/off. I then connect the dash camera's 3-wire harness/hardwire kit to my modified CLA cable. It requires me to remember to turn the ACC+ on/off manually, but it's sufficient for my dash camera reviewing needs.

The B-112 also has a slightly high output voltage level of 16.7 volts while it's being charged. The output voltage drops to the mid to low 13 volt range when it's not being charged. The high output voltage while being charged was an issue for one dash camera hardwire kit (Vantrue 2-wire). That hardwire kit supports 12V and 24V systems, but it had a voltage guard range that it used to separate/detect the 12V and 24V input voltage. The older Vantrue 2-wire hardwire kits would stop sending power to the Vantrue dash camera when the car started charging the B-112 which caused the B-112 to increase its output voltage to the 16.7V range. Anything above 16.0 volts entered into that 12V/24V guard range. Vantrue ended up changing the lower end of the guard range from 16.0V to 18.0V to avoid turning off the power to the dash camera when provided power by the B-112 when it outputs 16.7 volts while the B-112 is being charged.

I use a BlackVue B-112 in my car with a variety of different dash cameras. The B-112 only has a 2-wire output power connection with a cigarette lighter adapter (CLA) output power socket. This usually means the B-112 will require the dash camera to support vehicle motion based entry/exit of parking mode.

I have three other 3-wire capable dash camera battery packs in my dash camera review vehicle, but there are times I need to use the B-112 to power a dash camera as well. When I'm reviewing a dash camera that requires a 3-wire connection (BATT+, ACC+ and Ground), I've created a CLA plug that plugs into the B-112's CLA socket and I split the BATT+ power from the B-112 into two wires. One of those wires is connected to a switch which allows me to simulate the ACC+ on/off. I then connect the dash camera's 3-wire harness/hardwire kit to my modified CLA cable. It requires me to remember to turn the ACC+ on/off manually, but it's sufficient for my dash camera reviewing needs.

The B-112 also has a slightly high output voltage level of 16.7 volts while it's being charged. The output voltage drops to the mid to low 13 volt range when it's not being charged. The high output voltage while being charged was an issue for one dash camera hardwire kit (Vantrue 2-wire). That hardwire kit supports 12V and 24V systems, but it had a voltage guard range that it used to separate/detect the 12V and 24V input voltage. The older Vantrue 2-wire hardwire kits would stop sending power to the Vantrue dash camera when the car started charging the B-112 which caused the B-112 to increase its output voltage to the 16.7V range. Anything above 16.0 volts entered into that 12V/24V guard range. Vantrue ended up changing the lower end of the guard range from 16.0V to 18.0V to avoid turning off the power to the dash camera when provided power by the B-112 when it outputs 16.7 volts while the B-112 is being charged.
Thank you for your info, it is very helpful.

Back