Does A800 CPL Filter works on A810?

QuantumDash

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Hi, everyone. I'm struggling to find a CPL filter for my A810 camera here in the Philippines. I found a CPL filter for the A800 and am wondering if it will work or fit on the A810.

Does anyone here know? Alternatively, could someone provide a link to a CPL filter for the A810 that ships to the Philippines with a reasonable shipping fee? AliExpress charges $20 USD for shipping to the Philippines.

If not, any suggestions for a DIY CPL filter? I really need one to address the very bad reflections.

Picture of the A800 Filter from the reviews:
IMG_20240114_024851.jpg
IMG_20240114_024906.jpg

If not, any suggestions for a DIY CPL filter? I really need one to address the very bad reflections.

If you have a bad problem with windshield reflections and can't find a CPL filter or devise a suitable DIY version, consider using a black dash mat. Dash mats are available to custom fit many models of cars or you can make a DIY version relatively easily. Dash mats will actually work better than CPLs to ameliorate or completely eliminate windshield reflections.

See the following links for some examples, tips and how-to.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/strange-rainbows-in-your-dash-cam-videos.44714/post-547467

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/making-your-own-dashmat.21768/

If you have a bad problem with windshield reflections and can't find a CPL filter or devise a suitable DIY version, consider using a black dash mat. Dash mats are available to custom fit many models of cars or you can make a DIY version relatively easily. Dash mats will actually work better than CPLs to ameliorate or completely eliminate windshield reflections.

See the following links for some examples, tips and how-to.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/strange-rainbows-in-your-dash-cam-videos.44714/post-547467

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/making-your-own-dashmat.21768/
Thanks for this. But would like this to be as my last resort.

Thanks for this. But would like this to be as my last resort.

Well, if you read my post again, that is basically what I said......"If you have a bad problem with windshield reflections and can't find a CPL filter or devise a suitable DIY version, consider using a black dash mat."

Just checked but sadly there's none for A810

It's only been a few minutes between the time I posted and your claim that you can't find a dash mat to fit your vehicle. You obviously didn't put much time or effort into searching for a dash mat. There are many vendors and sources for these things.

Good luck with your refection problem. Hope you find a solution!

Well, if you read my post again, that is basically what I said......"If you have a bad problem with windshield reflections and can't find a CPL filter or devise a suitable DIY version, consider using a black dash mat."

It's only been a few minutes between the time I posted and your claim that you can't find a dash mat to fit your vehicle. You obviously didn't put much time or effort into searching for a dash mat. There are many vendors and sources for these things.

Good luck with your refection problem. Hope you find a solution!
My reply about not finding one for A810 is not for you. It's my reply to @DT MI

Hi, everyone. I'm struggling to find a CPL filter for my A810 camera here in the Philippines. I found a CPL filter for the A800 and am wondering if it will work or fit on the A810.
Does anyone here know? Alternatively, could someone provide a link to a CPL filter for the A810 that ships to the Philippines with a reasonable shipping fee? AliExpress charges $20 USD for shipping to the Philippines.

The CPL filter from the A800/A800s is definitely not suitable for the A810. This is verified information, the A810 lens is larger than the A800.

CPL filter for A810 is available on the official website:

Back