Element 2 received and under testing

Argh i see, i downloaded the old payer, not seeing that right next to it is the player for element series cameras :rolleyes::oops:

I finally got some OK weather, well sort off, for the time of year about as good as it get in Denmark.
The E2 of course did fine with the plates on the highway, but like other cameras blocking in the footage due to low bitrate actually cut down on the amount of frames where you could expect to capture a plate.
But as i said it is the same with all similar cameras i have tested.

Finally remembered to do a test of the DL speed of the E2 camera, and it move a 320 MB file to my phone in less than 30 seconds.
This i find very reasonable, if you are in more hurry than that, you should probably evaluate your life style.

During the latest cold spell i had a couple of failures to start recording, seem strange though CUZ other days even colder the camera worked fine, and also again on other days with similar just below freezing temperatures.
The camera do come on just fine but it just stall on the splash screen, taking it off the mount and putting it back and it is up and running just fine.

Other than that the E2 are ticking on just fine, to be able to use the voice command thing i have to set it to high, i dont know what high is in relation to ? pronunciation of English or what.
Mind you i get the same with my android phone, even if i say so myself my English are not half bad. But some times like entering a destination to navigate to ( pretty much the only thing i use voice for ) the damn phone just will not understand me.

On High the E2 camera always understand me, i cant say i have experienced it missing a command a single time, and i have played a bit with that when i get bored on drives.

Just pulled the Adata high endurance card from the E2 system, it appear to have worked flawless for over a month in the camera.
This a bit of a surprise as that card do not work in any other dashcam i have.

iu

A new card will be inserted on the next drive.

My E2 system are now under way using the Kingston canvas go memory card, after the initial in camera format the 2 seem to get on well, but time will tell.

Okay so i am about at the end of the line with the E2.
I have not found any problems in the time i have used it, it just sit there and do its work.
Only downside as mentioned before, the mount, on a drive 5 days or so ago i came into a old town, so old some of the streets are still cobble streets, that was way too bumpy for the E2 to handle, but otherwise regular Danish streets no problem.
And even in little old Denmark, streets paved like that, well it is rare to see.
Regarding memory card compatibility, well lets just say it work with 3 cards that Viofo cameras will not work with, and of course all the other cards too, this was a very nice surprise.
TBH i can nor recall a single memory card that have not worked in the E2, and after all i have a nice collection of around 10 - 12 different 256 GB cards

Okay so i am about at the end of the line with the E2.
I have not found any problems in the time i have used it, it just sit there and do its work.
Only downside as mentioned before, the mount, on a drive 5 days or so ago i came into a old town, so old some of the streets are still cobble streets, that was way too bumpy for the E2 to handle, but otherwise regular Danish streets no problem.
And even in little old Denmark, streets paved like that, well it is rare to see.
Regarding memory card compatibility, well lets just say it work with 3 cards that Viofo cameras will not work with, and of course all the other cards too, this was a very nice surprise.
TBH i can nor recall a single memory card that have not worked in the E2, and after all i have a nice collection of around 10 - 12 different 256 GB cards

The country roads are really charming, the blue sky, I want to escape the city and return to the country life, Dashcam wears out the most is the memory card, it is recommended to use the Vantrue U3 speed memory card, if you need it I can send it to you.

Not needed i think, i have 10 - 12 different 256 GB cards i test with, and a few other in 128 GB, i will probably also pick up my first 512 GB card to test with soon, but i need to verfy with 256 GB that a partikular model are good before i go for 512 GB, even if a few 512 GB cards are actually cheap here.

The card i have pulled this footage from is the Trancend Ultra performance.

iu

A nice card by the specs at least, but it just will not work in a Viofo camera, or at least not A229 Duo, but Vantrue is memory card king, work with just about anything, at least as far as my experience go so far. :cool:

I bought the E2 camera yesterday but I haven't installed it in the car yet, my new car will be delivered next Friday. I tried it at home with a phone charger and what I notice is that it gets very hot. Is it normal for it to get so hot?

Most dashcams will get quite hot.
I have also seen some talk about the E2 overheating during use, but that is not something i have seen, but mind you i have not been running this during the summer period.
I have never seen any dashcam overheat on me, even if years ago i would run modded firmwares on some cameras with bitrates 2 - 3 X of what it was from the factory.

Some times a dashcam can be so hot that when you touch it the wrong place, you instantly go " i am not keeping my finger here for long "

I will be running the E2 in my south facing living room window when i take it out of the car "soon" it is already quite warm in here, 20 deg C outside today, and i soon had to crack a few windows to get some air thru the apartment.

My dji osmo action camera, its heat sink are sort of the lens socket ASO, and i am not putting that into my underwear after a long recording session, that part of the ALU around the lens get crazy hot.

Most dashcams will get quite hot.
I have also seen some talk about the E2 overheating during use, but that is not something i have seen, but mind you i have not been running this during the summer period.
I have never seen any dashcam overheat on me, even if years ago i would run modded firmwares on some cameras with bitrates 2 - 3 X of what it was from the factory.

Some times a dashcam can be so hot that when you touch it the wrong place, you instantly go " i am not keeping my finger here for long "

I will be running the E2 in my south facing living room window when i take it out of the car "soon" it is already quite warm in here, 20 deg C outside today, and i soon had to crack a few windows to get some air thru the apartment.

My dji osmo action camera, its heat sink are sort of the lens socket ASO, and i am not putting that into my underwear after a long recording session, that part of the ALU around the lens get crazy hot.
Ok thanks so much for your answer.
On the other hand, which do you think is the best resolution for the front camera: 1944 + 1944 24FPS or 1440 + 1440 30 FPS
And with which one will it heat up less, or is it independent?

I always run 30 FPS and NTFC even if Denmark are a PAL country and so 24 FPS, so i have just run the 1440 p resolution.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dadi_T E2 11
Vantrue Dash Cam E2 14
Back