How To Make a VIOFO OBD2 Adaptor

The end of May could be when they send it out for testing in the field. I'm just stating what I was told when I asked when they would be available. :)
i have asked several times for us to test them. We get a range of vehicles in both markets

VIOFO - you can send an OBD2 cable to me (in the uk) and I'll test it for you ;).

I want to order a Viofo A229plus for my daughters car but there are no accessory fuses inside the car (all constant on Mazda CX-30) - the accessory fuses are (I believe) in the engine compartment. It's also a lease car so I'm not going to start drilling through the bulkhead (firewall?) to get a cable through. I guess I'm restricted to using the OBD2 port.

On most of the OBD2 adaptors from Amazon/eBay (with the I/O switch) the cut-off voltage is too low for my liking (11.2v, 11.4v, 11.6v and sometimes11.8v) and there's sure to be some margin - so the cut-off voltage may be even lower still! My personal preference would be nearer 12.2v. Come on VIOFO send me the cable - I'll buy the A229Plus and test it for you.

Have you thought about making your own cable like the video on the first post of this thread? Combining the Iroad OBD cable with the Viofo hardwire kit. I use the Iroad OBD cable for my Thinkware Q1000 and it works perfect. Voltage settings are in the dashcam itself. The Viofo cut off volt setting is in the hardwire kit that you can still use.

Have you thought about making your own cable like the video on the first post of this thread? Combining the Iroad OBD cable with the Viofo hardwire kit. I use the Iroad OBD cable for my Thinkware Q1000 and it works perfect. Voltage settings are in the dashcam itself. The Viofo cut off volt setting is in the hardwire kit that you can still use.
See you get it. Why use a new product that has not been tested on vehicles in the North american market. OBD2 cables are not something you just randomly use. They need to be proven to work and there are lots of bad OBD2 cables out there. I hope @viofo does the right thing ans has it tested thoroughly on vehicles before releasing.

Back