Is it possible to transfer normal files to the events folder using the app?

98 SNAKE EATER

Reaction score
Country
United States
So my typical routine while driving is to save events using either the remote or voice control for editing later on.

Sometimes I edit the same day if it's important, but most of the time I just wait until the weekend to sort through the events folder.

Thing is, sometimes I want to save random files after the fact so they don't get looped over before I get a chance to capture them.

Like earlier today for instance....

I had a Doctor's appointment this morning and while I was in the office, my wife stayed in the van with our dog.

She falls asleep snoring loudly and our pup just stares at her with her ears pointed up every time she snorts lol

I'm on the app right now lookin at some of the footage and there's about 10 "normal" files I want to move to the "events" folder so they don't get overwritten before I can pull the card and transfer to my laptop.

Is this possible using the app?

In the playing around with the app with the S1-Pro (I assume it's the same app) I don't recall seeing anything along the lines of what you're trying to do.

Maybe just download the clips to your phone instead if you have enough space.

(Situations like this is why I'm a big fan of LARGE cards.)

I seem to recall that in some ( at least ) App reviewing footage, you could change the status of a file from event to normal and vice versa.
At least it would make sense to me if you could, but ill be damned if i know if its possible in the Vantrue APP

I'm already running a 512 card, but still it's more of a convenience issue.

Having to download 10+ events using the app takes time and I usually shut down all of my other running apps to avoid corrupted files (and I NEED waze and Pandora running when I drive lol)

I use to run a waze like APP, but its now all pay and all hardware, so now i am riding clean

Back