Is there any way to unmount the rear camera from adhesive

lux

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I have a 2ch Viofo A139 Pro setup in my vehicle. I unclip the front camera from its mount before locking my vehicle for the day. However, I haven't found a way to remove the rear camera without destroying the adhesive tape that's stuck to the rear glass. It doesn't seem to have anything like the mount construction of the front camera.

Is it possible to remove the rear camera at the end of each day without destroying the adhesive?

Maybe you can use those mounting transparent sheets and use that for the rear?
The rear camera doesn't unclip from the mount as the front one does. So you need to come up with a way around it.
Also, why would you remove the camera? Unless it's to prevent theft?

I have a 2ch Viofo A139 Pro setup in my vehicle. I unclip the front camera from its mount before locking my vehicle for the day. However, I haven't found a way to remove the rear camera without destroying the adhesive tape that's stuck to the rear glass. It doesn't seem to have anything like the mount construction of the front camera.

Is it possible to remove the rear camera at the end of each day without destroying the adhesive?

I would recommend using a different mounting approach. The best solution would be a product called Scotch Dual Lock Fasteners. This is a two part adhesive product from 3M that makes an extremely strong connection that can be separated when needed and reattached later. There are a number of threads somewhere on this forum you can search for where this product is discussed and many dash camers have been using this stuff for years, including me. You can find this product on Amazon, at hardware stores and big box stores.

duallock.png

duallock.jpgdual_lock.jpg

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/dual-lock-reclosable-fasteners-us/

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B0CLV22Y9Z

I would recommend using a different mounting approach. The best solution would be a product called Scotch Dual Lock Fasteners.
Is that suitable for daily removal and re-fixing?

The only times I've used dual lock, it has been too strong for convenient regular fixing and removals, but that may have been a stronger version given the car it was used in.

Is that suitable for daily removal and re-fixing?

The only times I've used dual lock, it has been too strong for convenient regular fixing and removals, but that may have been a stronger version given the car it was used in.
Yes, it can be used for daily application and removal. Many of us on the forum have been using it for years, although personally I haven't had need for it in quite some time. I've used it with Mobius cameras, for which it is deal. For example, I've used Dual Lock to attach and remove a Mobius to the brim of a baseball cap at will for FPV capture.

It can indeed be difficult to split apart sometimes but with experimentation one finds the best technique.

Additionally, Dual Lock tape comes in different types that have greater or lesser holding power depending upon one's requirements and these types can even be mixed and matched to further accommodate one's needs and preferences.

dual-lock.jpg

Last edited:
Back