LTE dash cam

cokeman277296

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm looking for a dash cam with LTE service. It's for my mother so she cam keep an eye on my elderly father who refuses to retire and drives about 80 miles a day. She's wanting to be able to watch him on the way to work, then home. I'm not to familiar with dash cams so I know nothing about them. So what is available with a live feed she can watch on her phone. Also wanting a cabin camera. What should I be looking at for her?

Welcome to the forum cokeman.

If she want to watch him literally, that will narrow down the field as very few LTE cameras have a interior camera, if she just want to monitor his driving no problem.
This is going to cost her, a constant video feed running over a LTE connection, and the old guy driving that much every day, that will probably necessitate a flat rate data plan for the SIM card.
Also if the old guy is driving out into the countryside, chance are you will not have good enough 4G coverage to have a constant connection, even in little old pretty much flat Denmark, and you usually getting 2 service providers due to them sharing networks, well you can still find dead Zones,,,,,, very small ones here of course.
Also these LTE / cloud systems, also the most expensive ones out there, so just getting the system your mother will have to cough up a substantial investment.

Both on 4G and 5G we Danes have,,,,,, well at least 4 nationwide providers. i am with the #2 largest one, that have roaming agreement with the #1 one.

I am not much into the smarts of phones as i dislike them very much personally, but with a smart phone, and say a health monitor paired to that, couldent your mother keep track of him too that way, also location i would assume.
I know parents can track their kids with a app / function on phones.

Assuming the old guy have a smart phone, that could be a cheaper route than a LTE dashcam which your mother couldent watch all the time anyway.

Lost my own dad a month ago, but due to quite normal things, the old guy did get a driving licence in the 80ties, but i dont think he ever used it.

The tracker nizmos mention also a good / cheaper option.

PS: Tell your mom a elderly Danish guy send her a virtual hug, for caring so much.

Last edited:
For about a year, I've been using an AirTag to monitor the whereabouts of my pick-up truck on my iPhone and other devices. I started doing this when the owner of the mechanic's garage working on my vehicle put over 100 miles on the truck by taking it home overnight and burning up a lot of gas. The road testing was legit but I wasn't too pleased about that much mileage and fuel use, especially because they expect you to top off the gas tank to where it was when they give you a loaner vehicle to drive if they keep your car overnight.

Anyway, I put the AirTag in a rugged waterproof case designed for use on a dog collar and attached it with 3M VHB tape to the inside "ceiling" of a storage compartment in the bed of my pick-up. I also removed the speaker from the AirTag to improve on how stealthy it can be. AirTags are currently selling for $24 on Amazon so its a modestly priced investment for an otherwise free tracking service if you have an iPhone, iPad or computer. Now I can track the location of my vehicle from wherever I am. I have 4 of them installed in/on different items like my keys, wallet, etc. I especially like Apple's near field tracking capability. If I can't find where I've left my keys or wallet inside my home, my iPhone will lead me right to them with a direction finder and real time distance read-out.

Last edited:
There are Blackvue cameras that let you watch live through 4G. I don't think you can switch between front and interior camera.

70mai have 4G live view, but it is parking mode only.

If you just want a tracker after reading the other messages, if they have a smart phone, a free app will let you track them, like Family Circle.

Back