Multi Channel DashCams on Cars?

If so, we will soon have waterproof remote cameras for the A229 Pro, similar to the A129 Plus.
Is it known how many cables are connected to this camera from the A129Plus? Because I have 4 cables available for my route to the outside mirror. For analog, these would be enough lines for video and power... but I think the new cameras are digital.

Is it known how many cables are connected to this camera from the A129Plus? Because I have 4 cables available for my route to the outside mirror. For analog, these would be enough lines for video and power... but I think the new cameras are digital.
You will need to contact Viofo for that answer;

I pulled the F200 Pro, MB-100 and four additional cameras (rear, interior and two side cameras) to connect to the MB-100 out of my storage cabinet. The Thinkware app wanted to upgrade the firmware on the F200 Pro, so I let it update the firmware to v2.00.01. I configured the F200 Pro for motion detection parking mode.

For this test, the F200 Pro was facing in the opposite direction of the four other cameras with a two foot gap in between the backside of the front camera and the backside of the four cameras connected to the MB-100. I turned off the accessory power and the F200 Pro entered motion detection parking mode ("Status" LED blinking slowly). My first test was to see if any of the five cameras could detect/see motion in the two foot gap mentioned above. The "Status" LED continued to blink slowly (meaning no motion was detected). That two foot area is a valid "dead zone" for all five cameras.

I moved an object in front of the front camera which resulted in the "Status" LED to start blinking faster. When the "Status" LED returned to its slow blinking mode, I ran six additional motion tests so only the cameras connected to the MB-100 could see that motion. The "Status" LED started blinking faster each time I moved an object within the field of view of the MB-100 cameras.

When I turned on the accessory power to the F200 Pro, the F200 Pro announced that "during parking mode, motion detection recording, 7 occurred". That's one from the front camera and six from the MB-100 connected cameras. Looking in the motion_timelapse_rec directory on the memory card, I found recordings for each of the 7 motion detection events.

This matches up with my memory of how the F200 Pro behaved in motion detection parking mode back when I created my MB-100 video. I have to disagree with the response received from Thinkware support saying the MB-100 connected cameras will not trigger motion recording events. My testing proves otherwise.

Question to Thinkware:
- Which of these camera models (F200 PRO, X700, T700, F790) has the possibility, that the “rear camera” or the “multiplier box” can also detect motion and start recording for all cameras?

Answer from Thinkware:
- Regarding to your specific questions with rear camera and multiplexer, none of those model for rear camera could work with motion detection and the recording will only work with front camera with rear camera.

Question to Thinkware:
- Which of these camera models (F200 PRO, X700, T700, F790) has the possibility, that the “rear camera” or the “multiplier box” can also detect motion and start recording for all cameras?

Answer from Thinkware:
- Regarding to your specific questions with rear camera and multiplexer, none of those model for rear camera could work with motion detection and the recording will only work with front camera with rear camera.
My testing proves otherwise. Keep in mind, the front camera has no idea that the MB-100 multiplexer is connected. The front camera unit only knows that a "rear" camera is connected when a rear camera or the MB-100 are connected to the rear camera connection port. I'll send this same question to my Thinkware contact and see what his response is on the topic.

I received a response from my Thinkware customer support contact. He confirmed my findings that the cameras connected to the MB-100 will participate in the motion detection parking mode function.

Hi, Robert

Thanks for your review and hard work!
Of course, cameras connected to MB-100 can detect motion and save the clips.
Our new CS agent got this wrong and provide wrong information to the customer.
I apologize and we had already a training session with our all CS agents on MB-100!

Thanks!

Back