Needing 4K, Multi-Angle, Battery Charged, and Security!

cjordan1683

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,
I initially ordered the Vantrue N4-Pro because it seemed to have everything I needed and their site also specified chargeable batteries which ended up being a lie, so I returned it for a refund. I must have the following:

1) 4K video quality
2) MUST HAVE internal chargeable battery for overnight monitoring
3) Multi-cams (front, side, and rear) for maximum overnight security
4) Motion detection for any nearby movement
5) App-driven so I can monitor and have control, and be notified remotely

Please help, everything I keep seeing seems to be so mediocre. I'd really prefer not to spend 400.00 and know there are options out there, but I'm not having much luck. I appreciate it in advance.

I am not aware of any dashcams with an internal battery large enough to last overnight.

I am not aware of any dashcams with an internal battery large enough to last overnight.
There has to be something. If you're expected to be plugged into your car battery all night, then your battery will get drained over night. Otherwise, there's no way to get overnight monitoring.

Yes there are lots of external powerbanks designed for dashcams.

Yes there are lots of external powerbanks designed for dashcams.
I already have a great powerbank with a 96 hour charge, but I shouldn't have to leave it in my car. Like I originally specified, it MUST have a chargeable battery.

No disrespect intended but sometimes we get new members showing up here on DCT seeking products, technologies or capabilities that simply do not exist. As @mentadent already stated, there are no dash cams available that have (or could fit) an internal battery that can manage to do overnight monitoring, but there are dedicated external, rechargeable power packs specifically designed for dash cams that are available.

Many people use their cameras in the way you want but they use products like you'll find in the following links. They are designed for permanent installation in your car, often under the seat. They recharge automatically. They are quite different than standard power banks.

Last edited:
No disrespect intended but sometimes we get new members showing up here on DCT seeking products, technologies or capabilities that simply do not exist. As @mentadent already stated, there are no dash cams available that have (or could fit) an internal battery that can manage to do overnight monitoring, but there are dedicated external, rechargeable power packs specifically designed for dash cams that are available.

Many people use their cameras is the way you want but they use products like you'll find in the following links. They are designed for permanent installation in your car, often under the seat. They recharge automatically. They are quite different than standard power banks.

As an avid teacher of educating thousands of students, it's never good to start a sentence using "No disrespect" or others who say "no offense" because if there is no intention of disrespect or offending anyone, then it never has to be clarified, simply not done in the communication. I know a lot of people do it, but every one of them are wrong for writing like that. It only imposes a negative connotation. I will keep looking elsewhere.

As an avid teacher of educating thousands of students, it's never good to start a sentence using "No disrespect" or others who say "no offense" because if there is no intention of disrespect or offending anyone, then it never has to be clarified, simply not done in the communication. I know a lot of people do it, but every one of them are wrong for writing like that. It only imposes a negative connotation. I will keep looking elsewhere.

You seem to have a real attitude problem and a chip on your shoulder, so I do not intend to have any further interaction with you. Good luck in your quixotic quest for a battery operated dash cam that does not exist. :rolleyes:

You seem to have a real attitude problem and a chip on your shoulder, so I do not intend to have any further interaction with you. Good luck in your quixotic quest for a battery operated dash cam that does not exist. :rolleyes:
I understand that forums and online discussions are commonly packed to the brim with emotional users. I was not being rude or having an attitude at all with you in any way, I was simply trying to help, but you chose to respond from your own perception. Remember, you cannot control what others say, but you can control how you choose to perceive it and respond. Best of luck to you.

Remember, you cannot control what others say....
Neither can you.

The interesting thing here is that I provided a solution for what you are seeking (one of the few solutions that exist) but you completely ignored that and instead focus on your oversensitive reaction to how it was presented which was an attempt to be diplomatic as I could already see that you are a very touchy guy; one with little knowledge or experience with dash cams and how people use them for long term parking monitorig.

Neither can you.

The interesting thing here is that I provided a solution for what you are seeking (one of the few solutions that exist) but you completely ignored that and instead focus on your oversensitive reaction to how it was presented which was an attempt to be diplomatic as I could already see that you are a very touchy guy; one with little knowledge or experience with dash cams and how people use them for long term parking monitorig.
You're still allowing your emotions to cloud your judgment. I never implied that it was only for others. I also never ignored you, nor did I respond with an attitude. Shocked? Yes, but angry with you or anyone else? Absolutely not! I simply made an observation, and that was it. There's a lot that is done wrong in this world and it IS very important to provide observations as a learning experience. You had mentioned you weren't going to talk to me anymore, and you're making that action near impossible. Best of luck to you though.

Battery charged

If you want a internal battery in a dashcam that can run it overnight, so say 10 hours, that will make your camera the size of 1/3 shoe box.
Also current batteries in use in dashcams ( just for emergency power ) well they never last very long as heat and cold are no good for lithium batteries.

Motion detection as it is in dashcams now, it pretty much mean it will be recording all the time, i have yet to see a motion detect dashcam that work.
You would probably have to deploy AI like in CCTV cameras so only a human or vehicle shape near your car start a event, CUZ as it is now a leaf blowing across the road 20 feet from your car will set off the motion detector.

You will also have to pay well north of 500 USD for something like that, probably also pay for a SIM card, and you could probably also add a paid cloud plan with the brand that make the camera, so you also get a monthly cost of running something like that and not just the cost of procurement.

Back