Nextbase 322gw firmware update has broken rear camera!

ghostvaper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just bought the 322gw and it was working fine I updated the firmware and now the back camera picture is white! Everything else works except now sometimes it also freezes! I want to downgrade back to R19.9 or R19.1 ??? but no old firmware is available and can find no help! Can anyone help me pelase as this is for my disabled mum who really needs it.

Hello,

I am sorry to hear you have an issue with your Rear Camera, we would need to perform some troubleshooting steps as a firmware update should not fault a Rear Camera. Please can you contact us at support@nextbase.com with your information so we can assist further?

We would never recommend in rolling back firmware on our devices as this process can cause issues with the hardware built into the cameras.

We will look forward to your email!

I did email at support@nextbase.com however I didn't get much help! All I got was a message which said this "
Good Afternoon,

Thanks for your reply.

Regrettably you are unable to revert back to previous software.

Can you please confirm how the dashcam is connected to the car:

Is it hardwired to the car or connected via the cigarette lighter?
Is it ignition on or permanent power live?
Have you got parking mode enabled?

I look forward to your response.!

- I replied but have got no response back! Kit is in the house on hardwire power as I am testing it. I reset it all to default mode and it is using a nextbase sd card which I also formatted.

Back