Power Core 6200LFP

Mark65

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo A229 Plus
New battery arrived today, i have to admit it feels well made, prolly install it tomm if no rain, just going to use the velcro attachments to go under glove compartment on the outside in the footwell.

Mark

Attachments

• IMG_20240408_115845.jpg
    IMG_20240408_115845.jpg
    431.3 KB · Views: 25
I find the velcro sticks really well to the foot mat carpet.

Hi Tony, I'm in two minds where to put it, under the front seat or the base of the glove box under the passenger footwell, either is ok with me, it comes with two velcro strips but I have a third of the same size in the car but if we get a hot summer here :)ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:) it may make the adhesive come apart like our tarmac roads so under the seat sounds like a plan.

Mark

Mine is under the passenger seat. That was to get it out of the way of people's feet, and also because locating it near the middle of the car meant that I could run 2x hardwired cameras from it - one up front and the other in the rear.

So tonight I installed the battery under the seat, all sorted then fault light, till I realised the engine wasn't running so car battery must have been low, started engine and everything worked as it should. I have left the battery in front of the seat for a few days to make sure all is good, wanted to use a spare heated seat fuse but the piggy back would not fit so wired to the 20a blower fuse.

Attachments

• IMG_20240409_193501.jpg
    IMG_20240409_193501.jpg
    483.8 KB · Views: 13
I have the battery as well + 2 extensions

According to the specs This should give me over 6 days of parkmode, but i only get abt 3.5days (even if parked in my garage where there's no movement at all)
Pretty disappointing considering the investment, but otherwise they are solid batteries .

Ps: this result goes for BOTH my thinkware U1000 dual, that BOTH have a main battery unit + 2 extensions

The adhesive on the velcro has survived a few summers for me without issue. I have it under the passenger seta.

I have the battery as well + 2 extensions

According to the specs This should give me over 6 days of parkmode, but i only get abt 3.5days (even if parked in my garage where there's no movement at all)
Pretty disappointing considering the investment, but otherwise they are solid batteries .

Ps: this result goes for BOTH my thinkware U1000 dual, that BOTH have a main battery unit + 2 extensions
I'd be disappointed as well to have 3 batteries and getting that many days.
Your dashcams are power hungry.
I looked at this battery myself but wasn't sure if the long and thin form factor would work that well regarding install location.
It also didn't have an app which I was after or a USB port to power other devices. In the end I've ordered an Iroad power pack which has 12 000 mah in one box in a more traditional form factor.
But no app but the new one has a USB port. It was out of stock so I'm waiting for delivery.

My VIOFO A139 Pro barely lasts a few hours either.

With Power Core 6200LFP I barely get 10 hours on a full charge.
I'd love a setup with a couple of days.

I contacted this company but no response:

Last edited:
With Power Core 6200LFP I barely get 10 hours on a full charge.
I'd love a setup with a couple of days.

I contacted this company but no response:

only 10hrs ? wow

the VIOFO A139 is alss a dual cam right ?

still very strange, as a dual cam should last 27 hours as per the specs

I have the three camera model. SUX

Well thats your problem you have too many cameras for one battery.
I've got a 6800 mah old iroad battery pack and as long as i use my car each day
to go to work and back the cameras are powered through the evening untill the morning.
That works for me.

Only if i leave use my car to later in the day like the afternoon the battery is usually dead.
So by getting the bigger battery i shouldn't have a problem.

You need to get batteries that fit your installation and your life style. The most important use of the dashcam
should be to record traffic incidents while driving and a few hours parked if shopping and out and about.
Spending loads of money to record a weeks worth of nothing happening don't make much financial sense.

According to powercore a dual cam lasts 27 hours on a single battery
so ok, 3 cameras consume more, but to get from 23 to 10hrs seems a lot
Really don't know where powercore get their measurements from

I added a wifi hotspot to the usb port of my battery pack and noticed a significant drop off in battery time so have decided the wifi hotspot needs its own battery. Suggest you disconnect one camera for 24 hours and see how that affects battery times.

Power Core used to have a form to submit the time the battery lasted for your camera.
Their recording time reports page just says 'Int' for all the usernames. I assume this means Internal. Pretty impressive or pretty fake if they bought each of those dashcams themselves and tested every variation:

Hi guys,
If in the future, your Velcro adhesive decides to "give-up-the-ghost," then you might like to try another very good product.

We've (RC hobbyists) have been using Velcro (hook & loop), from Hobby King.

Apparently, at present, they are out of stock of both the Blue & Black, so you might have to try a little later.
Link > https://hobbyking.com/en_us/polyester-hook-and-loop-peel-n-stick-self-adhesive-1mtr.html

The adhesive is extremely good & very long lasting.

Cheap as chips too & it's 1000 mm long x 75 mm wide.

So.....Why not try some......when in stock?

Regards, Mike..

Back