S1Pro wifi not showing on list on phone

RayJ

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have reached out to support on this, but will post here to see if anyone else can reproduce. I actually have 3 of these cameras installed right now, the pre production test unit, and 2 more I purchased with a pretty good deal on black Friday. So I am noticing all three cameras, when coming out of parking mode, I am not seeing the wifi network of the camera unless I reboot the camera. It was working originally on the test unit, but there were 2 changes and I cannot pinpoint what may be the cause. I hardwired and updated the firmware on the same day for the test unit, and installed the other 2 with the hardwire kit as well as updated the firmware at the same time. I guess now that I am typing this all out, I should temp bypass the hardwire kit to see if that makes a difference. I only have the rear cam installed in one of the vehicles so I dont think a rear cam has anything to do with it. Just curious if anyone else can reproduce.

I was testing this with my pre-production test S1 Pro dash camera. I have ECK301 installed and it's powered by the 5-level adjustable 3-wire hardwire kit.
  • I powered up the S1 Pro
  • Waited about 30 seconds
  • Turned off the accessory power
  • S1 Pro enters low bitrate parking mode (1080p 15fps)
    • Wi-Fi is turned off by this action (Wi-Fi icon gets the disabled "slash" through it)
  • I leave it in parking mode for 12 minutes
    • I noticed the S1 Pro screen remains on the entire time instead of turning off after 3-minutes
  • I restored accessory power
    • S1 Pro returns to normal recording mode
    • Wi-Fi turned on again (Wi-Fi icon returns to the enabled version - no slash through it)
In my limited test, it seemed to "work" by re-enabling Wi-Fi after exiting low bitrate parking mode.

My S1 Pro has the following Wi-Fi settings:
  • System Setup > Wi-Fi >
    • Wi-Fi Auto On
      • Options
        • Off
        • On
        • Turn off after 10 mins - this option is selected
    • Wi-Fi Mode
      • Options
        • 2.4G
        • 5G - this option is selected
        • @Jeff_Vantrue
          • The "G" in these two labels should be "GHz".
          • This is not describing a LTE connection type/generation, it's a Wi-Fi connection speed in GHz (industry standard name)

I'll check my wifi settings again tomorrow. I have the 3 wire 2 level shutoff harness. I am using the collision detection parking mode, screen off after 30 seconds. Screen does now go off and stays off when in ignition with this latest hardware (had not previously). I'll have to bust out my good reading glasses as I can't see a damn thing on the screen without them!

• This is not describing a LTE connection type/generation, it's a Wi-Fi connection speed in GHz (industry standard name)
Yes, that was bugging me too.
That is going to confuse folks.

I'll check my wifi settings again tomorrow. I have the 3 wire 2 level shutoff harness. I am using the collision detection parking mode, screen off after 30 seconds. Screen does now go off and stays off when in ignition with this latest hardware (had not previously). I'll have to bust out my good reading glasses as I can't see a damn thing on the screen without them!
I just tested collision detection parking mode. I tested both options for collision detection parking mode (Record Setup > Collision Detection in Parking Mode) "Power Saving Mode" and "Quick Start Mode". Both options resulted in the Wi-Fi being re-enabled after the accessory power was restored and the camera booted up again into normal recording mode.

I monitored the available SSID list to make sure the S1 Pro's SSID disappeared after it entered collision detection parking mode and that it returned after the S1 Pro had its accessory power restored. Everything I tried resulted in the Wi-Fi operating as expected.

I was testing this with my pre-production test S1 Pro dash camera. I have ECK301 installed and it's powered by the 5-level adjustable 3-wire hardwire kit.
  • I powered up the S1 Pro
  • Waited about 30 seconds
  • Turned off the accessory power
  • S1 Pro enters low bitrate parking mode (1080p 15fps)
    • Wi-Fi is turned off by this action (Wi-Fi icon gets the disabled "slash" through it)
  • I leave it in parking mode for 12 minutes
    • I noticed the S1 Pro screen remains on the entire time instead of turning off after 3-minutes
  • I restored accessory power
    • S1 Pro returns to normal recording mode
    • Wi-Fi turned on again (Wi-Fi icon returns to the enabled version - no slash through it)
In my limited test, it seemed to "work" by re-enabling Wi-Fi after exiting low bitrate parking mode.

My S1 Pro has the following Wi-Fi settings:
  • System Setup > Wi-Fi >
    • Wi-Fi Auto On
      • Options
        • Off
        • On
        • Turn off after 10 mins - this option is selected
    • Wi-Fi Mode
      • Options
        • 2.4G
        • 5G - this option is selected
        • @Jeff_Vantrue
S1 Pro screen remaining on while in parking mode could be a bug. I've already reported this to our tech department. Stay tuned for the next firmware update:)

Yes having the LCD on, not least while in parking mode, aside for the extra power usage, for me personally it would be a big NO - NO as it is not at all stealthy, really in parking mode i would prefer my cameras appear to be off, even when they are triggered and actually doing something.

But ! it would be nice with a " test " LED you could turn on / off to use confirming the camera are in parking guard mode, but when that is done i would prefer the camera to just be dark.

Back