Total Eclipse

Gary Edstrom

Reaction score
Country
United States
A frame capture during the total eclipse on April 8th in Clarksville, Arkansas. That is my sister in front of the car. Note the street light that has turned on on the right side of the picture due to it being "night".20240408_113651_PF-3.jpg

What an amazing photo! That must have been such a cool experience to see the eclipse. Your sister's silhouette against the darkened sky looks pretty epic too. Thanks for sharing the frame capture - it really puts into perspective how dark it got. I've always found it fascinating that things like streetlights come on automatically due to the sudden drop in light levels.

Hayyyyy a Suzuki " GV" just like the one i had, though mine was the 1.9 DDIS and that one is probably a gasoline version.

I have not experienced something like that, but i have been way up north on Greenland and had the sky explode in northern lights above my head, and that was extremely epic.

My DR-900X was in parking mode (time lapse mode) during the eclipse. When the video is played back at its normal 30 frames per second, the total eclipse comes and goes in just a few seconds. You really didn't notice much darkening of your surroundings until the eclipse reached about the 80% level. Then you noticed things slowly start to darken, with a sudden drop off the moment totality was reached. While I had several cameras along, I don't have any suitable solar filters or lenses for taking pictures of the eclipse. So I had to settle with getting pictures of the surroundings either with my dashboard camera or my iPhone.

Back