VIOFO Wi-Fi Speed Test Database

I assume the 15 Pro will be faster, since it is USB 3, not 2.
How could it be any faster if the dash cam, and cable only support USB2.0?

1 .png
2 .png

How could it be any faster if the dash cam, and cable only support USB2.0?
Actually, it is possible to get 40MB/s out of USB2, absolute maximum, so maybe Karagandinez was using USB 2, which suggests that it is your card reader that is slowing things down - USB 2 card readers generally get stuck at 20MB/s, and that includes dashcams used as card readers, but the limit is probably the reader not using the SD card UHS data transfer. That suggests that the A229 Pro has faster card reading, which Karagandinez was using, but your card reader can't.

Are we seeing less memory card problems with the A229 Pro compared to older cameras? Apart from certain cards overheating, maybe we are...

Actually, it is possible to get 40MB/s out of USB2, absolute maximum, so maybe Karagandinez was using USB 2, which suggests that it is your card reader that is slowing things down - USB 2 card readers generally get stuck at 20MB/s, and that includes dashcams used as card readers, but the limit is probably the reader not using the SD card UHS data transfer. That suggests that the A229 Pro has faster card reading, which Karagandinez was using, but your card reader can't.
The reason Karag was able to get 41MB/s is because he used his PC.
Here is the SD Card Reader I’m using (20MB/s);
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07YDNSZQ3
3 .png

It’s a generic / knock of version of the official Apple version;

Are we seeing less memory card problems with the A229 Pro compared to older cameras? Apart from certain cards overheating, maybe we are...
I don’t understand what you’re talking about here.

For some reason, while transferring 6 files of 430 MB each, I get 3 results.... :unsure:
I guess a lot of the file data is getting stored in cache memory,
The memory cards have multiple layers of cache memory these days, and there may be some in the PC too, possibly also some in the A229. How fast it is depends on where the cache memory is, and the overall result depends on how much of the file fitted in the cache.

I've thinking the real speed of the A229, used as a card reader, is 20MB/s.

If you select a new file that you haven't downloaded before, what is the speed?

Then I guess the A229 Pro does not have a UHS card reader, the next Viofo dashcam will...
I hope one of the representatives of Viofo will clarify this issue for us. ;)

I hope one of the representatives of Viofo will clarify this issue for us. ;)
The A229 Pro uses USB2.0, future dashcam uses USB3.0. If connecting with the iPhone 15 using type-c to type-c cable, the transfer speed will be boosted.

The A229 Pro uses USB2.0, future dashcam uses USB3.0. If connecting with the iPhone 15 using type-c to type-c cable, the transfer speed will be boosted.
With how USB 3.0 ports and USB sticks are, wouldn't get my hopes up at being super duper fast speeds. Even a doubling to 40MB/sec would be decent enough.

Only the iPhone 15 Pro and 15 Pro Max support USB 3 transfer speeds up to 10 Gb/sec. The iPhone 15 and 15 Plus only support USB 2 transfer speeds up to 480 Mb/sec.

Only the iPhone 15 Pro and 15 Pro Max support USB 3 transfer speeds up to 10 Gb/sec. The iPhone 15 and 15 Plus only support USB 2 transfer speeds up to 480 Mb/sec.
Real world speeds will be nowhere near that, even on Android. Any increase I'll take though

Real world speeds will be nowhere near that, even on Android. Any increase I'll take though
My main point was that VIOFO was stating that future dash cameras will use USB 3.0 and that when connected to an "iPhone 15" transfer speeds will be boosted. Only the iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max have a USB 3 connection port, not the iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Plus.

My main point was that VIOFO was stating that future dash cameras will use USB 3.0 and that when connected to an "iPhone 15" transfer speeds will be boosted. Only the iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max have a USB 3 connection port, not the iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Plus.
Repeating yourself? Yes, and?

I thought it is boosted:p, someone maybe doesn't agree, people always expect faster speed like 100MB/s transfer speed.
So it will be around 40 to 60mb/sec mark then :D

I thought it is boosted:p, someone maybe doesn't agree, people always expect faster speed like 100MB/s transfer speed.
In 1997 it would take my WebTV 60 seconds to download a single still photo.
And I even had a second dedicated DSL phone line.
It was so frustrating I ended up popping in a VHS tape to finish. lol
If you can double the Wi-Fi transfer speed of the A129 Pro (2019) 13.5MB/s to at least 27MB/s that would be great.
If you can double the Type-C to Type-C method 20MB/s to at least 40MB/s that would be great.

In technology, speed is directly proportional to familiarity. The current speed is slow in time, in other words insufficient.

a129 pro speed is satisfactory. The lower speed of cameras produced later is not expected.

There is also the memory card factor. For example, Sandisk extreme offers 190 MB/s reading and 130 MB/s writing (for 256 GB and above). However, it says that these speeds can be achieved with a Sandisk card reader.
In this case, to see that the real data of the card can be accessed; An improvement will be made by taking into account the compatibility of the camera, PC or phone used, as well as the wifi technology used.

Meanwhile, there must be a limitation as it will cause heating at high speeds. because we see what kind of problems occur when heat occurs.

Last edited:
Back