What Could Go Wrong?

60 MB/s that is probably the read speed, write speed are probably more like 30 MB/s

And the name, is that a combination of Bin Laden and Helluvalot of fun ( i assume when they go to the bank to collect )

One terabyte is a 1000 gigabytes. So you'd only be paying 0.016 cents per gigabyte. That's a great price!

They may not be the best quality gigabytes you'll find in the marketplace but not everyone needs the fanciest gigabytes available. Even if they don't last as long as the more expensive gigabytes you can buy, they should last quite a while.

It's a great deal!. I'd go for it! :smuggrin:

It's certified for dash cam use, what could possibly go wrong? :D

I'm half tempted to order one just to satisfy my curiosity.

View attachment 68732
Love these ones, plenty on AliExpress too I've seen including SanDian instead of SanDisk LOL.

That's $16 you won't get back remember haha

Bah! Rip off! I see 2TB Micro SD cards on other sites for $9.99 Saw one last year that was a whopping 8TB "Certified for Samsong Android Smart Phones"

Just gonna post this here, in case someone does want to try those no name cards. and test their real storage capacity.

I always say 1000 GB = 1 TB.
But i also happily shoot 50 M against Americans that shoot 50 yards, but i would for sure not like it the other way around.
But me shooting a little longer than them, im just fine with that, even if i score less and loose.

All my 50 yard benchrest targets are shot at 50 M, actually some times i contemplate putting a BR50 target up at 82 M just for the hell of it, but my current best rifle are too inconsistent for that i feel, and shooting a lot of 6 and 7s are not fun when its the 10 X that matter.
Mind you last outing i did shoot a 5 shot group that was 1/4 inch CTC and several groups where the 4 of the shots was within 1/4 inch but then that one shot ruined it all amd make it a 1" group.
1/4 inch group at 82 M is pretty descent for a peashooter .177 airrifle.

Id for sure like to get my hands on a 338 and try my luck at some mile shooting, but that's not happening in this life in this country CUZ only the military would be doing something like that here.

I sight in my .30-06 deer rifle at about 100 yards (give or take) shooting off my deck. I figure if I can hit a plastic jug of water with an X on it at that distance I can probably hit something a little farther away too! :)

I always say 1000 GB = 1 TB.
But i also happily shoot 50 M against Americans that shoot 50 yards, but i would for sure not like it the other way around.
But me shooting a little longer than them, im just fine with that, even if i score less and loose.

All my 50 yard benchrest targets are shot at 50 M, actually some times i contemplate putting a BR50 target up at 82 M just for the hell of it, but my current best rifle are too inconsistent for that i feel, and shooting a lot of 6 and 7s are not fun when its the 10 X that matter.
Mind you last outing i did shoot a 5 shot group that was 1/4 inch CTC and several groups where the 4 of the shots was within 1/4 inch but then that one shot ruined it all amd make it a 1" group.
1/4 inch group at 82 M is pretty descent for a peashooter .177 airrifle.

Id for sure like to get my hands on a 338 and try my luck at some mile shooting, but that's not happening in this life in this country CUZ only the military would be doing something like that here.
Location has nonthin to do with it. It is operating system dependent. And using the correct figure is important.

Microsoft Windows, defines data using Binary.
So 1TB = 1,024GB.

MacOS and Linux, defines data using Decimal.
So 1TB = 1,000GB

You may be surprised how many angry customers I deal with who scream at me, why does my 1TB Hard drive show its smaller than 1TB, you sold me a fake product!

Location has nonthin to do with it. It is operating system dependent. And using the correct figure is important.

Microsoft Windows, defines data using Binary.
So 1TB = 1,024GB.

MacOS and Linux, defines data using Decimal.
So 1TB = 1,000GB

I get it, but this is all well known to anyone who has been around computers for a while.

The thing is, why be a fussbudget and take issue about a subject like this in reply to a frivolous, humorous post within an otherwise amusing thread about a bogus memory card?

It seems so beside the point.

Hehe yeah i know too, and really all i ever done with computers was trying to learn the basic programming language before the PC age, and that was very soon abandoned as it was from a book learning and i dont do books that way or learning..
And the sole reason i know is probably the 0024 distracting from a nice even number, CUZ something like that my brain will pick up, and for some strange reason not forget again.

The smaller hard drives i also picked up on fast, i remember getting my first ever HDD for a PC, which was a 1.2 GB drive, but it did not register as 1.2 GB but a bit smaller, but i figured that out even if it was before the age of the internet.
Still it was cheaper then the 640 MB drive i got earlier for my Amiga 500, OMG that was expensive.

One terabyte is a 1000 gigabytes. So you'd only be paying 0.016 cents per gigabyte. That's a great price!

They may not be the best quality gigabytes you'll find in the marketplace but not everyone needs the fanciest gigabytes available. Even if they don't last as long as the more expensive gigabytes you can buy, they should last quite a while.

It's a great deal!. I'd go for it! :smuggrin:
In spite of my reservations about the legitimacy and/or quality of the card I took your well thought out, logical advice and ordered it. What an F'ing disaster!!! :eek: You, sir, should be ashamed. (Note: To anyone reading this thread who may be 'humor impaired' that comment is facetious and 100% 'Tongue-in-Cheek'.)

I really was curious as to how bad the card might be so, given it was an Amazon purchase and relatively risk free, I did order it. My expectation was it would be either significantly less than the supposed 1TB capacity or much slower than the claimed 60MB/s speed - or both.

Unfortunately I was not able to make any determination at all. The card was not recognized by any device I tried it in. Not a desktop computer, not a laptop computer, not any of 2 Android phones, not an Android tablet, or either of 2 different digital cameras. Two different Windows versions and 3 different Android versions were involved in these attempts. (Maybe these are 'Apple only' cards? :unsure:;) )

Tried testing using known good SD card adapters and known good USB3 adapters in addition to the supplied adapter, nothing worked.

I did notice the microSD card was physically thinner than others I have, maybe by 5-10% or so. I checked because it was problematic to insert into any adapter. Makes me wonder if there was even a chip in the card at all.

Anyhow, my curiosity has been satisfied, as much as it can be with zero test results, and the card is now on the way back to Amazon.

...That's $16 you won't get back remember haha
Amazon, already got the refund. (y)

Last edited:
In spite of my reservations about the legitimacy and/or quality of the card I took your well thought out, logical advice and ordered it. What an F'ing disaster!!! :eek: You, sir, should be ashamed.

I certainly don't feel ashamed. It was sincere, heartfelt advice! I think you've overreacted here. There was no reason to freak out and demand a refund just because you received a defective memory card when you could have simply asked for a replacement. I mean, what are the chances you would receive two defective cards in a row? :smuggrin:

60 MB/s that is probably the read speed, write speed are probably more like 30 MB/s

And the name, is that a combination of Bin Laden and Helluvalot of fun ( i assume when they go to the bank to collect )

I think the first part of the name means that it’s destined for the Bin. No idea what the rest of the name means

I think you should go for it; ;) besides, it is eligible for return, refund, or replacement within 30 days of receipt.

Back