« Incident detected » ?!

La DuF

Reaction score
Country
France
Hello, people !

I'm the new happy owner of a 66W and I'd like to ask you experts : I sometimes get an « Incident detected » message, and a video is saved, although no incident occured. After watching the saved clips, I noticed that this happens when driving over a bump on the road... I'm driving a very comfortable coach and I don't really feel those bumps, but it seems my 66W can « feel » them :)

Is there a way to set an lower sensibility to the incident detection ?

Take care and a better '21 than the previous one to y'all !

Not familiar with the 66W but most dashcams have an adjustment in the menu or app for "G-sensor" or "Gravity sensor" or something worded similarly. The options will relate to sensitivity, so selecting 'high' increases sensitivity while 'low' makes it less sensitive. Some cams also allow you to turn this function off, If yours is already set to 'low' then you'll either have to turn it off or live with the situation. Unfortunately 'g-sensor' in dashcams generally does not work too well and is often inconsistent across individual units.

Do note that in most cams this setting will also affect parking mode use, so turning it off may leave you unprotected then. Check in the parking mode settings to see what options your cam offers.

Phil

Back