Reaction score
Country
Romania
ACg8ocKUpKb-nvFDEuhsSGCGGG5OnIubHb0ncoeyw1UDWEH8=s40-p

Stefan Cociodar <cociodarstefan@gmail.com>​

Fri, Oct 13, 4:36 AM (7 days ago)

to ServiceCenter

Hi,

I am one of the people who backed 70mai in 2020 on Indiegogo when they were looking for support for their upcoming A800. Satisfied with the price/performance of the camera, I recommended an A800S to my best friend.

A few years forward, my A800 often skips recording videos without any other signs or warnings. The screen is on and says Rec, but when checking the card later, some recordings are missing, sometimes a few minutes, sometimes more. If something happens during that time, there is no recording to see or show. I only used the camera for about 5-6000 km (maybe less), and always took care of it, took it out of the car to avoid heat or cold, never dropped it, etc.

I have contacted 70mai support about the problem, at first they gave me a custom firmware that did not solve the issue, later they recognized it was a hardware problem and told me they can't do anything more because the camera was out of warranty.

My friend's A800S failed even sooner, it was overheating at first, then something happened with the recording sound, it became very distorted, muffled. Later, the camera would shoot down from time to time. A custom firmware resolved the heating issues, but not the rest. When my friend sold his car he gave the camera with it, telling the new owner it was defective.

There are many videos showing the performance and features of these cameras. What people should be more aware of is their reliability. From my experience, it is very poor, and the customer support is not good either.

So please be aware of this when choosing your next dashcam.

Fox

Thank you for your review, I take this opportunity to describe my experience with the 70Mai A800
During the day it provides a spectacular image, at night it is the ugliest you can see: not only can you read NOTHING of the license plates you come across but the image is so muddy that it is very difficult to even guess the brand of the car.
I can't describe to you the nervousness when the replies to my emails were always dismissed by 70Mai Official Store with the usual phrase "the night images are clear and perfectly regular, for us there is no flaw. Have you tried seeing them on a TV 100 inches? Have you tried opening your eyes? Have you tried darkening the environment by removing every light source?..."
But the problem that made me return it immediately was the bizarre and approximate saving of the files. Practically with medium sensitivity, almost all files were saved in the EVENT folder!!! (unfortunately in my city the low quality asphalt produces quite a few potholes, but my other 70mai Dash Cam Pro Plus A500S 1944P does not have this problem and correctly saves only strong bumps in EVENT)
Clearly I immediately changed the sensitivity to LOW, but with truly disheartening results: when I looked for the images I needed I realized that in a few days the EVENT folder HAD FILLED TO THE MAXIMUM ALLOWED and that the A800 WAS NO LONGER SAVING ANYTHING! !!!!!!!! (It continued to save in NORMAL only those few videos that were shot on perfectly smooth roads like a pool table)
Now obviously I no longer trust 70Mai and I have discarded any possibility of buying an A810 because a serious company does not sell such approximate products and above all the A810 is not sold by Amazon.it, and this worries me even more because I don't want to having to fight to return it if it performed as poorly as the A800
Somewhere in some hard disk I have kept some night videos that I will soon insert here, be patient ;-(
Thanks for reading this far, best regards to everyone!!!!!!!

Back