A129 Wifi issues. Anyone else?

Rhody401

Reaction score
Country
United States
It looks like a very well built product, so far. I haven't installed any in vehicles yet, but hopefully in a couple days I will have the time.

I couldn't get the WiFi to work at all with my Samsung Galaxy S8+ phone, so I opened a second A129 with same results(in case it was a bad unit). Both, however, work fine with the (2.0 Android) app on my tablet. Hopefully this is something addressed in a future firmware. It gives an error that it will connect to the device when the wifi signal quality improves, but cannot do so with 5ghz or 2.4ghz. The phone doesn't like something about the wifi from the A129. I have the 5/31/2018 1.0 firmware installed.

Is anyone else having a similar issue? Hopefully it can be addressed, because I love the convenience of wifi.

It looks like a very well built product, so far. I haven't installed any in vehicles yet, but hopefully in a couple days I will have the time.

I couldn't get the WiFi to work at all with my Samsung Galaxy S8+ phone, so I opened a second A129 with same results(in case it was a bad unit). Both, however, work fine with the (2.0 Android) app on my tablet. Hopefully this is something addressed in a future firmware. It gives an error that it will connect to the device when the wifi signal quality improves, but cannot do so with 5ghz or 2.4ghz. The phone doesn't like something about the wifi from the A129. I have the 5/31/2018 1.0 firmware installed.

Is anyone else having a similar issue? Hopefully it can be addressed, because I love the convenience of wifi.
Try to disable data, then try to connect.

Hey that worked! :)

It's seems odd, but I can live with that until it is perhaps addressed in the future.

Thanks so much!
Mike
Its not exactly odd... since its an Ad-Hoc wireless AP, it tends to throw off the OS since its thinking that it has clear internet connectivity. Wifi is only good if you're trying to set your settings up quickly. Also good for mounting your camera to get the best view (center of dash and rear deck lid as possible)

It makes sense and its a minor step to take before using it. It's so much easier to set up with the app. I did find a small bug in app 2.0, with the field that lets you label the unit with a string of alphanumeric text. The prompt it gives is for numbers only. (very minor!) ha
Mike

Back