Amazon vendors

I bought my G1W from them (Spy Tec), through amazon.

I'm waiting for a B40/A118 version with a capacitor.

I live in Costa Rica, and heat, during parking times, is a concern I have.

this model has a battery

That's why I'm waiting for a capacitor version... as I mentioned in my post before yours.

Thanks for the help anyway, maybe you missed that part.

Thanks guys.

ok, confused by the fact that you were asking which seller was better, matters not if they don't have what you want though I would think

You are right about that... I mixed two different things, sorry about that.

(I normally buy from amazon, not all online vendors accept non-US ccards, so I guess knowing who is reputable vendor from amazon might help, since it's not in the cams main page info, might help someone, eventually).

i just ordered one from spytec on ebay that comes w/ a 32gb card for 89.99 usd. should arrive by friday. i also bought some hardwire kits for both the A118 and an old F70 i have in my other car, so i don't have to have anything plugged into my lighter. instead i'll tap into the existing sunroof power supply wiring (which is obviously key-switched) and have everything conveniently hidden inside the head liner. yes that hardwire kit says it's for the 0801, but that doesn't matter - miniUSB is miniUSB. it says it'll provide 1.2A and that's what really matters. there are cheaper hardwire kits available, but they would ship from china, so i paid a few bucks more to get them from a US seller.

also, for the person considering the camera that comes with a 4gb card... don't. 4gb isn't much space for a camera that can record full hd video - if you figure an average of about 100mb for one minute of video, then 4gb only gives you about 40 minutes. so every 40 minutes, the entire memory card will be overwritten. so the card will wear out and start causing problems very soon. with a 32gb card, you get about 320 minutes (almost 5.5 hours) worth of recording before the oldest file gets overwritten. so the card should last longer, and if you ever want to review videos, older ones will be available on the card much longer. and especially considering that you can get a good quality 32gb card for so cheap, there's no reason to buy a 4gb card.

by comparison - i have an 8gb card in my F70, which is set to record in VGA mode (because it doesn't really record in 720p). files are MUCH smaller because of the lower resolution - usually about 15mb per minute. so even though my F70 has two cameras (both vga), i still get about 4 hours worth of recording on that 8gb card. if i only had the one camera running in vga mode, 8gb would give me about 8 hours of recording time. so for a cheap low-rez camera like the F70, 4 or 8gb is fine, but not for a full HD camera like the A118.

Back