Android 12 connection issues

Msaadb

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hello everybody, I've recently got a U1000 dual channel cam, about 2 months ago.

My experience hasn't been great, I've always had connection problems with my iphone so I had to setup the cam on my alternative android phone (Samsung S10+).

It's been working fine till I received the android 12 update, ever since the cam decided not to connect to my hotspot and even worse when I press the wifi button it doesn't show up in any of my phones.

I had to reset the camera and try to initiate the setup but the android app keeps crashing.

So once again I had to reset the camera and connect it to my iphone but not through hotspot, just through wifi, any thoughts or solutions about this would be very helpful.

Regards,

Check your permissions on affected apps.

Android 12 saw a change to location permissions.

There is an issue with Android 12 when using the CLOUD app, the Thinkware.com website shows a warning about this when you go there.
If you can Direct Message me an email address i have a 'Pre release' version of the Updated App you can try. It's not guaranteed to work as it is Pre release but i'm happy for you to try it?

Thanks
Steve

There is an issue with Android 12 when using the CLOUD app, the Thinkware.com website shows a warning about this when you go there.
If you can Direct Message me an email address i have a 'Pre release' version of the Updated App you can try. It's not guaranteed to work as it is Pre release but i'm happy for you to try it?

Thanks
Steve
Yes I would love to, I'm new here could you let me know how to direct message you, thanks!

Just 'Hover' over my Username and it should pop up with a box and press the 'Start Conversation' (y)

Thanks Maddog ! Updated test app worked perfectly with latest Android 12 updates !!

Thank you for the feedback i will pass that to TW Korea (y)

I’ve had a different experience but managed to get it sorted thanks to Maddog!

Is there any updated version Steve ?
The version you sent me is 4.3.30

Thanks,

What i sent is the latest available. Planned for a March release of the official version. (not sure when in March)

Okay that’s good news, hopefully it gets fully compatible across all android devices (y)

Thinkware site now has updated 4.3.32apk version available for testing. Saying new app will be available in playstore in a couple weeks !!

Thinkware site now has updated 4.3.32apk version available for testing. Saying new app will be available in playstore in a couple weeks !!
Thanks for the heads up!
I've installed the updated version and it seems everything is fixed (y)

The UPDATED CLOUD APP has been released on the Play Store now (For UK anyway, not sure if it's worldwide)

Hello everybody,

I've been using the latest public firmware available 4.3.32 as posted, and it's been flawless on android not a single problem that I could notice, thinkware done it!

I was about to give up on the camera but not anymore, it's great hardware and good software.

Special thanks to @Maddog1974 Steve and everyone who contributed for making it a better experience!

Back