Any DIY tips to make the front dashcam less obvious?

sausagedelay

Reaction score
Country
Australia
We all know the Lukas LK 7950 is not renowned for its discreetness, and I find it to be a bit of a concern for theft. I've watched a youtube video where the uploader hides it behind the UV strip of the top windshield but I do not wish to do that. I also read in another forum that someone hid it with a hat (no pictures so I'm not exactly sure how he did that).

Has anyone else managed to hide it or make it really unobvious from the outside?

Any tips will be greatly appreciated!

My suggestions would be to remove the camera when parking if you are this concerned over theft.

Alternatively, the Street Guardian SG9665GC is a the bees knees when it comes to ultimate video quality and discreetness.

I have mine lined up from in front with the rearview mirror. I've also removed all the stickers, put some black permanent marker on all non black parts. It's pretty hard to see from 10-15 feet away. The only giveaway is light which you could hide with some black tape.

In case you're wondering someone actually broke into my car but since it's not visible sitting in the drivers seat they didn't steal it. Unfortunately it did not get a video of the thief.

In case you're wondering someone actually broke into my car but since it's not visible sitting in the drivers seat they didn't steal it. Unfortunately it did not get a video of the thief.

Haha wow! did you happen to have your camera turned on?

Took off my sticker and also painted the clear plastic cam holder black. You can also turn off the flashing blue light thru the options in the software or apps. I also bought a UV lenses but have t put it on yet, I will help hide the lense a lot more.
Not the best pic

Back