Auto event detection records non stop.

RLee

Reaction score
Country
United States
For some reason in parking mode auto event detection will work right for a couple hours then it will start recording continuously non stop 22 second videos and front camera only.

I recently switch to a VIOFO 128 sd card that’s been formatted on a computer to fat32 and formatted in the camera. The camera works fine as far as recording when I’m driving and switches to park mode properly. And auto event detection works fine for a while but before morning it starts recording non stop front cam only and each video is 22 seconds long.

I’m also using a brand new rear cam cable that seems to be working fine.

I have not seen any one post anything similar about this problem but hopefully someone can help. Honestly I’ve had issues with parking mode since I’ve had the camera. It will work freak for a while the. It will flake out.

My parking mode settings are auto event with sensitively on low loop recording 3 mins 90 second parking mode delay , 24 hr record time
And I’m using the hard wire kit.
I’ve played with all the settings and can’t fix the issue.
Low bit rate park mode works properly as well as time lapse park mode

My parking mode settings are auto event with sensitively on low loop recording 3 mins 90 second parking mode delay , 24 hr record time
And I’m using the hard wire kit.
I’ve played with all the settings and can’t fix the issue.
Low bit rate park mode works properly as well as time lapse park mode

Have you looked at the footage in detail?

Could it be that there's something that's constantly moving in front of the cam that you maybe don't know about? A blinking light or something constantly moving in its field of view that you don't really register when you look at it, maybe?

Same sorta thing happened to me when I was new to cams. Finally watched the footage closely and noticed that there was a tree in the distance that was moving around quite a bit in the wind--and it was windy for almost a week--where I parked at work... Changed parking location, same problem. My new parking spot faced the road with contant traffic all day--duh. Changed again to a spot that stared at a blank wall all day, problem solved.

May not be your issue, but worth a look.

Have you looked at the footage in detail?

Could it be that there's something that's constantly moving in front of the cam that you maybe don't know about? A blinking light or something constantly moving in its field of view that you don't really register when you look at it, maybe?

Same sorta thing happened to me when I was new to cams. Finally watched the footage closely and noticed that there was a tree in the distance that was moving around quite a bit in the wind--and it was windy for almost a week--where I parked at work... Changed parking location, same problem. My new parking spot faced the road with contant traffic all day--duh. Changed again to a spot that stared at a blank wall all day, problem solved.

May not be your issue, but worth a look.
I’ve looked and didn’t notice anything. And like last night it snowed 8 inches and my windows were completely covered with snow.
And like I said, when it’s working right I get a recording from front and rear camera that’s 1 minute long.
When it messes up I get non stop recording's back to back that are only 22 seconds long and front camera videos only.

Back