Cant update speedcam version on U1000

lexusu1000

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, I am trying to update the speedcam version on the U1000 but having downloaded the smartguidepoint.dx2 file from the Thinkware web site I am unable to open/unzip the file which according to the Thinkware instructions I should do before then placing it in the drive info folder. I am using a Mac computer but also tried to do it on a Windows PC same response unable to open file. I have been in touch with Thinkware support who were not much help advising me to put the still zipped file into the drive info folder, I did to no avail, it did not update the camera. Basically I think I need to unzip the file before placing it in the drive info file, that is what it says in their written instructions despite their technical support telling me to do otherwise. Am I right?? If so how can I open this smartguidepoint.dx2 file. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks Tony

When you download from the Thinkware.com site the Speed Camera file isn't zipped. Just download it and drop it into the 'driveinfo' folder of the memory card and the jobs done!

Hi Thanks for the quick response, I have tried this and it doesn't seem to update the version. The current version shown on my webcam is 22.10.07.03 the latest version date is 2024.03.28 but the original version date 22.10.07.03 remains. I would have thought this would have changed am I wrong in expecting this to happen? The other strange thing is that the icon for this file is shown black with green writing on it on various examples of how to do this process on the web, however my download shows as a blank file. Is this normal?

Is there anything else in the 'driveinfo' folder of the Memory card? (Screenshot if any doubt)

The database version number should change yes. Once the file has been updated and the Camera powered ON it should change. It won't change if you just check using the PC Viewer before it's been powered on in the camera though

No nothing else in drive info folder. Database version checked after a drive and unfortunately not changed. I have attached two pics.20240403_151036.jpg20240403_151046.jpg

Okay, can you do a screenshot of the 'Dash cam Info' screen either from the PC Viewer or the Cloud App please?

Can i check that you got that Camera file directly from the Camera File ONLY Download and that wasn't part of the Firmware package you downloaded as the Firmware package doesn't have the latest database included with it? The screenshot looks good to me apart from the Database Version number being 'back to front' of how the App or Windows PC shows it. (That may be a MAC thing as I'm not familiar with MACS) Windows / App usually shows it as year/month/date/local id version I'm checking with someone who uses Macs

Hi, Yes camera file only downloaded from website not firmware package. Thinkware support also sent me the file by email when I spoke to them, but exactly the same. Yes the number is back to front compared to when I view it on my mobile app.

Hi, Yes camera file only downloaded from website not firmware package. Thinkware support also sent me the file by email when I spoke to them, but exactly the same. Yes the number is back to front compared to when I view it on my mobile app.
This is very strange, my colleague who uses MAC also says the Database no. shows in the same format as yours so that's fine. Can you Private message me with your email address please....

Thanks
Steve

Back