DELETE ME

crosis

Reaction score
Country
Canada
DELETE ME

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, how would you implement turning it back on when you leave the "home" area?

Just out of curiosity, how would you implement turning it back on when you leave the "home" area?
Since we are talking parking mode AFAIK the moment the car ignition turns on the ACC activates the dashcam like normal. For instance, at the moment, when i park my car in the garage i hold the power button down to turn off the A139. In the morning when i start the car the dashcam turns on. This is normal behavior. I dont see the problem here.

Yes turning parking guard off by long pressing button, that is just a temporary thing, on next car start everything will be as you have set it up to be.

It is quite nice i think as i can see cases where you would not want parking guard to be on, as it would just be a waste of car battery power / memory card lifetime, like for instance if you park in your own garage, or maybe like me park at home where you have CCTV coverage on the car.
This is especially true if you at other times / locations use parking guard for longer duration's, maybe until the low voltage kick in.

I think some experiment with a geofence like function, i would like that as i said i have CTV on my parked car at home, this is why i am using a 3 hour timer now as i want to keep load on small car battery to a minimum.
Having geofence the camera would not change to parking guard at home, but will do so everywhere else.
Or i assume you could do it the other way around and specify specific locations where parking guard should be on if the car is turned off.

I am not quite sure how this geofence adaptation work as i have not played around with it as it is a pretty new feature and i so far have deemed the timer approach to be fine.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H A139 0