DR900X-2CH / CM100LTE Review

rcg530

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
BlackVue, Thinkware, VIOFO, Vantrue, Blueskysea, FineVu
Pittasoft was nice to send me another dash camera to review. I was sent a DR900X-2CH along with a CM100LTE connectivity module for North America.

I've been performing some bench tests of the DR900X-2CH cameras and the CM100LTE connectivity module. I've been monitoring the power draw of the cameras, native parking mode (timer / voltage monitor - 3-wire hardwiring configuration).

It's time to get the camera installed in a car and capture some video for my upcoming YouTube channel review video.

I did make a couple modifications to the 3-wire harness (extend its length and added an On/Off switch). The On/Off switch adds a feature I wish would be present in all BlackVue cameras and that's to be able to turn off the camera without needing to pull the power plug from the side of the front camera. I have no need to have the camera go into parking mode and record hours of the car being parked in my garage while draining the dash camera battery pack.

I created a 59 second YouTube Shorts video (9x16 format) as a teaser video with my current review status and pics of the camera / lte module installed in my car. The CM100LTE connectivity module's suggested installation location isn't as bad as I had feared.

I'll update this thread when I have the full review video completed.

Looking forward to the full review, as I just bought one of these (minus the LTE module) about 4 months ago.

Totally agree on the ON/OFF switch.

Please do aske them if/when they plan to upgrade the hardware sensors on the 900X as well!

Looking forward to the full review, as I just bought one of these (minus the LTE module) about 4 months ago.

Totally agree on the ON/OFF switch.

Please do aske them if/when they plan to upgrade the hardware sensors on the 900X as well!
I will certainly ask, but when it comes to future product release info, all I usually hear is that some interesting things will be released this year. That was before the recent updates to the DR750X product family.

Back