F800 pictures and videos

Has anyone compared Super Night Vision feature on and off? Unlike Thinkware's advertisement, it seems to make little to no difference from my testing.

I just shared a clip with some sample footage, I would say it's not noticeable at all if you park in an area with some lighting. Maybe in a dark alley or a side street it would be more noticeable. With the F800 they added the option to use it during continuous mode but I prefer only using it in parking mode.

In our clip you can see the actual cars are more or less the same but the sidewalk on the passenger's side of the car is a bit clearer.

I just shared a clip with some sample footage, I would say it's not noticeable at all if you park in an area with some lighting. Maybe in a dark alley or a side street it would be more noticeable. With the F800 they added the option to use it during continuous mode but I prefer only using it in parking mode.

In our clip you can see the actual cars are more or less the same but the sidewalk on the passenger's side of the car is a bit clearer.
Thank you for the video! Is that from the parking mode? I just read from other forum that even though Super Night Vision is available for continuous mode, the difference is only noticeable during the parking mode. I only tested with continuous mode last night.

Thank you for the video! Is that from the parking mode? I just read from other forum that even though Super Night Vision is available for continuous mode, the difference is only noticeable during the parking mode. I only tested with continuous mode last night.

Yes that is in parking mode, I worry that running it in continuous mode will have a greater tendency to overexpose license plates at night. The main difference being that your headlights will be off in parking mode.

Some updates after using 2 F800's for few days:

a) Lexar 633x 64GB works fine on one F800, but not on the other F800. Strange. Switched to Thinkware brand memory card and the problem seems solved so far.
b) Video quality is just average at best, compared to other dash cams I have tried, including DOD LS470W, VIOFO A119, Blackvue DR650GW, It's very hard and blurry to read the plates of other cars unless it's right in front of me.
c) Parking mode works great. IMO, DR650GW's motion sensor was way too sensitive.
d) Timelapse parking mode is fun.
e) Video files seem smaller and taking less disk space

Are you using iPhone or Android for hot spot?

No problems so far, and parking mode works fine. I disabled ADAS so I can't comment.

Interesting. 50% of the time after connecting to the hotspot, I couldn't get to the settings page and if I did, I couldn't adjust for local time or save the adjusted settings for parking or ADAS. I returned mine back to the retailer...

I've been able to work with the F800 pretty regularly via my iPhone now. The main issue I have found is one I can't quite tell if it's an Apple issue or Thinkware issue. I kind of think it may actually be with Apple interestingly enough. If I just leave Hotspot on my phone..e.g. all night long and into the morning.. when I get into the vehicle Thinkware will not connect to the hotspot. However, I can simply turn the hotspot off and back on again and it nearly immediately connects just fine. I've found it's also best to terminate the Thinkware app and start it fresh again. In the last 4-5 days I haven't really had an issue getting into the camera following that set of instructions.

Afternoon & evening & night videos from today.
Unless the car is right in front of me, it's very blurry and almost impossible to see the plates of other cars most of the time.

Yea same thing.. I posted a thread with some footage I had after seeing a wreck a few days ago here:

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...video-quality-or-ways-to-imrpove.30376/unread

If you watch when I am going about 4-5 mph by a car barely 1 lane over I don't seem to even be able to read the plate. Find that kind of annoying. :-\

I've been able to work with the F800 pretty regularly via my iPhone now. The main issue I have found is one I can't quite tell if it's an Apple issue or Thinkware issue. I kind of think it may actually be with Apple interestingly enough. If I just leave Hotspot on my phone..e.g. all night long and into the morning.. when I get into the vehicle Thinkware will not connect to the hotspot. However, I can simply turn the hotspot off and back on again and it nearly immediately connects just fine. I've found it's also best to terminate the Thinkware app and start it fresh again. In the last 4-5 days I haven't really had an issue getting into the camera following that set of instructions.

Thanks...I can't seem to let it go ?? Best Buy has the F800 on sale today for $279.00, so just got back from buying one...I'll see if this one beats me to death. thanks again.

When coming out of a tunnel, F800 seems to handle sudden changes in light exposure levels pretty well. WDR works great too.

Thanks...I can't seem to let it go ?? Best Buy has the F800 on sale today for $279.00, so just got back from buying one...I'll see if this one beats me to death. thanks again.
Welcome back to the dark side. That price is way too good to pass out.

When coming out of a tunnel, F800 seems to handle sudden changes in light exposure levels pretty well. WDR works great too.
Indiana Jones music.....

Actually thank you. Didn't know it had gone on sale at BB. Went by today and got $20+the tax difference back.

Back