G90 lense extension mod

Sabe

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Dash Cam
G90, GT300W, Mobius A, C
It seems that G90 is very friendly camera to modify.
I was thinking to make a rear camera but installation has always been a big problem.
Now problem is gone because G90 has external cmos lens base and it is very easy to add extension cable, and after that it's very easy to make rear or front camera. In front most achieved thing is cooler setup, maybe cmos unit don't overheat this way so much.
This was very simple, Dome G90 camera, cable from joovuu, basically just open camera, remove cable, attach cable, of course there is a risk of damaging camera so do this at your own risk.
Download high res images from here.
This was only a first step, next step is figure out how it's best to setup lens, i will update this post later.
UI9E23HVrlwVX-SRCMsANXFLSFocR67Bb7aR5sU1-sA=w349-h744-no

Hehe, just spent 30 sec to check clothes from images...:p
It's very hot here, 29 degrees, very hot to humans and dvr too.

Some great DIY with a little bit of tweaking I could see a good A7 camera with a remote lens and a screen at a good price.

Yes, it'll be perfect for rear window.
I tried G1WH in rear window and look how big and noticeable it looks. :eek:

20140806_172306 - Copy.jpg 20140806_172312 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
@Sunny ,

as I wait for my cams to get here, are you using aftermarket usb cables on your cams, specifically the back/rear cam above? monoprice cables? and if you are using aftermarket, are you @15 feet or more/less?

@Sunny ,

as I wait for my cams to get here, are you using aftermarket usb cables on your cams, specifically the back/rear cam above? monoprice cables? and if you are using aftermarket, are you @15 feet or more/less?

I'm using original.
It's long enough from the center console 12v port to the back.
I just have it in between the seats so if you want it nice and tidy around the trims, you'll need longer cable.

Great idea!
Which extender kit from JooVuu did you use? The mobius one? Could you post a link to the extender kit? I m looking to get the G90 with gps from joovuu (available next week) and if it looks too obvious in my car, I m willing to follow your example :) Did you find a solution for the lens mount?
Thank you

This project took some time because i tried a few different ways to get it done but finally now i'm ready and camera is waiting to get some black paint, so soon will come more pictures.
But first, my G90 is A7LA30 and all info and pics are from it, basically A7LA70 is the same but...
Joovuu sell two cables, short and long, cable used here is this one.
https://joovuu.com/gb/mobius-action-camera-accessories/57-mobius-lens-extension-cable-200mm.html
More images of my project will come in few days.

Here is some version of lense extension camera mod. I did it "on the fly" without bigger plan so there is always things that could have been better.
But since lifespan is usually quite short with these cameras i think i will let it be like that. If i do one more then i can correct things that i don't like in this one.
Polarizing filter is in my engineering department under planning.
Couple of images will tell the rest.
qlDsNo-67660dPUt1R99nq8qNwtu6eAqffnRFgBukV0=w793-h639-no

k2.jpg

k3.jpg

k4.jpg

k5.jpg

k6.jpg

Back