Getting only front cam recordings

DrivingCat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,
Installed this great dash cam a few days ago. Got front and back camera hooked up, all settings were double-checked and seemed correct.
After some driving I inspected the SD card and only found files containing recordings from the front camera. There are no recordings from the rear one.
Mind you, picture from the rear one is being correctly displayed on the camera display while driving (picture-in-picture), but completely missing from the SD.
As far as I see there are no settings turning on/off rear camera, there is only one available setting from quality menu "1080p30 1080p30".

I'm really puzzled. I tried to reformat SD, then reset to factory settings, format SD, but no joy.

Attached is the picture showing SD contents from this morning.

Attachments

• 12-21-2017 9-17-29 AM.png
    12-21-2017 9-17-29 AM.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 21
The recordings you do have are they 30 FPS ? if they are 60 FPS i could understand the rear camera beeing left out, but if what you do get are 1080p/30 then i am perplexed.

The recordings you do have are they 30 FPS ? if they are 60 FPS i could understand the rear camera beeing left out, but if what you do get are 1080p/30 then i am perplexed.
Thanks, yes, I verified with VLC and it is 30fps. Funny thing is that I have disabled audio recording, but in metadata you can still spot audio stream?

At least in my camera, all other quality options are grayed out and only one selection is possible "1080p30 1080p30" (writing from memory, names might slightly differ, but show 1080/30 for front and back).

Attachments

• 12-21-2017 9-46-53 AM.png
    12-21-2017 9-46-53 AM.png
    49.9 KB · Views: 11
Do you see picture in picture on LCD screen?

Yeah it seem like he do have PIP on the screen, so conectors to camera must be okay, just not getting recording for the rear cam,,,,,, strange indeed.

Try formatting memory card inside dashcam and see if it helps.
I did a few times and also reverted to factory setting + reformat SD inside dashcam. Did not help.

At this level of weird i am inclined to think that maybe a reload of firmware might be something to try ?

Where would I find one? AFAIK it is missing from SG website...
Or maybe SG has some beta FW they want me to try...?

Also tried to reformat the SD on my PC using a method from manual (Large SD formatter), later tested the card with H2testw and it passed.
Write speed is ~20MB/s according to the latter program.

...but still only front recording shows up.

Hello I just reviewed this post and your Support ticket. I’m also confused how PiP is displaying rear camera but it’s not recording. Can you send a sceeen shot of what the recording file structure looks like on the memory card? (Edit saw the screen shot)

please try updating to the beta firmware I just sent via your support ticket. reset to defaults and format the Card after. Test recording before changing any settings

Standing by to help.

Last edited:
After some troubleshooting and winter break we concluded that must have been faulty camera unit causing that weird issue.

New main unit promptly sent by SG USA works fine.

Thank you guys for support on the forum and big thanks to SG USA for quick replies and providing replacement!

this the first failure?

Back