Hidden winter mode?

:)))) If the dashcam is recording than it's generating heat. There is no "mode".
Any dashcam generates heat, so if it is hardwired so it can record when the engine it is not running, the part of the windshield were the dashcam is located would not freeze. It is a natural phenomenon.
That is bull**** marketing.

Last edited:
thanks for the info
VIOFO connected via "HK3 WIRE ACC HARDWIRE KIT" means ALWAYS drawing from the car battery to the set voltage for switching off?

1695846483720.png

Where I live there are times when it gets so cold that a warm or even fairly hot dash cam would not be enough to melt enough frost from your windshield for the camera to see through.

When that happens I'm running the defroster full blast after running the engine for a while and I'm outside my vehicle with an ice scrapper!

thanks for the info
VIOFO connected via "HK3 WIRE ACC HARDWIRE KIT" means ALWAYS drawing from the car battery to the set voltage for switching off?

View attachment 67869
Yes, that is the purpose of this device.

Where I live there are times when it gets so cold that a warm or even fairly hot dash cam would not be enough to melt enough frost from your windshield for the camera to see through.

When that happens I'm running the defroster full blast after running the engine for a while and I'm outside my vehicle with an ice scrapper!
Damn that's cold

Very bad for car battery in winter

Damn that's cold

It sometimes goes down to around - 20º below zero Fahrenheit (-28.8888888889º C) here in the winter time. More often we see temps between 0˚ Fahrenheit (-17.7777777778 Celsius) and 32˚ Fahrenheit (0º Celsius). (temps can vary widely around here as does the weather, especially these days)

Last edited:

My last truck battery, an EverStart Maxx came with a 3 year warranty but it lasted me 6 years! It was still working pretty well when I got rid of it but I didn't want to push my luck heading into winter that last year at the suggestion of my mechanic. I replaced it with the same one, as you might expect. The batteries have an "N" rating which means they are suitable for northern climates.

everstartMaxx.jpg

That's why I asked about consumption. According to my measurements, I would estimate about 2W.

add

I found one comment about the consumption in parking mode and the correct value is about 4W.
Then the voltage drop is 8A/day

1695879955951.png

Last edited:
Back