Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Is it just a regular usb cable ?
It's for. BMW so fuse box at rear. Stuck between this and the Blackvue 650s

Thanks

John

I think it wil be too short. is there not another fusebox under the hood?
I've got mine hardwired there.
I would not go with the BV though. Thinkware much more reliable

Just read each cable is 6 meters, so I'll get my string out and measure !

Thanks

John

Good luck. I've got a E class and it's def too short

I Measured the cable myself and it's indeed 6 meters. (EDIT ITS 3MTRS!!!)
However this includes the end where the wires are exposed and where the
Fuse is. In total this is about 40cm, so the actual coated cable is only 2.6mtrs

Last edited:
Will try the string later, it's a 1 series so maybe it'll reach.
I wonder if cig lighter cable is a fraction longer, as might get the extended battery.
Blackvue becoming more likely.

Thanks
John

CORRECTION: the hardwire cable is 300cm long (260 coated +40 bare wires+fuse)
I messured the cigarette cable too, it's 390 cm.

I've owned 4 different types of BV camera.. never again.

Hi

Thanks for measurements.
I was hoping for some Cyber Monday deals, but haven't found any yet

John

I have a 650 Blackvue and am monitoring this forum to see what issues Thinkware cameras have. At the moment I would NOT purchase Blackvue again. Picture quality and lack of consistent GPS are my main issues... that, and the goofy cloud feature they think customers want. NOT

Hi

Ok looks like approx 450cm is needed.
Trying to deal at moment with a seller on web, looking very promising, going with Cellink pack, so that extends the lead so should be able to connect fairly easy.

Thanks

John

If you get the cellink pack maybe u can let me know how long the hardwire cable is,
cos i might get it as well :)

Hi

I've gone for the full works, will let you know, it's meant to be approx 2 m

Thanks

John

Hi

The Cellink hardwire lead is approx 55 inches, so way shorter than I'd hoped.
Hopefully the cig cable is just long enough, my DIY wire extension skills are hopeless.

John

The cig lead is long enough :):)
Routed across the top all the way following the window line , then down past the rear seat belt to battery area..
It reached into battery compartment, but I'm going to put Cellink B in the hidden stowage area where the tools are, back side left. Strapped down with Velcro.

John

Ok installed today with Cellink and extended battery.
Trouble finding the. Perfect fuse as they all stay active for approx 10 mins after ignition if off.
Settled on heated seats 141 - I think or one next to it.
But after turning car back on approx 15 mins later all sorts of weird warnings but after a few mins they returned to normal.
Disconnected hard wire.
Any ideas ?

Earthing on the battery bracket might be dodgy, so not sure if that's causing anything.

John

Last edited:
shouldn't you hardwire it directly to the battery in order to avoid these short circuit problems?
I read that the batter initially was designed specifically for BMW because of it.

I'll take a photo later but it's wired the way all websites say, which is camera to Cellinik, then Cellink has 2 leads, 1 to fuse, 1 to ground

My BMW used to have weird fault messages all the time and the main dealer told me this was normal..hmmm my Mercedes after hardwiring in with piggyback fuses works faultlessly and no alarms.. The camera cable was about 3 metres too long and the power cable a metre short to reach the boot fuses so I lengthened it to fit.

Back