Issues downloading clips over wifi

DashCamKing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I tried using the app to download some video over 5g wifi. It works well for some clips. On others it appears to jump and stall when downloading. Once this has happened once it wont even download past 0%, even if I restart the camera and make sure to delete the partial file from my phone.

Why is it so temperamental when downloading over wifi and how do I fix this?

What memory card you are using?

I tried using the app to download some video over 5g wifi. It works well for some clips. On others it appears to jump and stall when downloading. Once this has happened once it wont even download past 0%, even if I restart the camera and make sure to delete the partial file from my phone.

Why is it so temperamental when downloading over wifi and how do I fix this?
Maybe it's in the smartphone or in its settings. When I turn on WI-FI, then data transfer via the Internet is disabled on my smartphone.
Downloading files always goes without problems. If Bluetooth is still on, it may slow down the download speed.

Viofo dashcams are sensitive also to some good brand memory card models, but what you are using is...i don't know what to call it to not offend you!
I am 99% that your problem it's a memory card problem.

Last edited:
Not offended. Thanks for your help. Can you suggest a different card? Also can the camera take a 512gb card? And while I'm here I may as well ask what wifi station mode is?

Not offended. Thanks for your help. Can you suggest a different card? Also can the camera take a 512gb card? And while I'm here I may as well ask what wifi station mode is?

Thanks. Is the SanDisk extreme a good choice not being an endurance type card? It's the only one I can find 512gb. They show a picture of a viofo 512gb but there is no link and I can't find it on their website.

I don't mind buying a new card as I moved my A129 into another car and it has a 128gb card in it, so I will move the card to that.

Edit: sorry I found the viofo 512 https://viofo.com/accessories/289-v...endurance-memory-card-uhs-3-with-adapter.html
It's about £32 more than the sandisk extreme. Is it worth the extra?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S A229 / A229 Duo 5
C A229 / A229 Duo 16
Back