Just got my G90-7S now have some questions/comments

If there is no power, reset button won't do anything.
Use it in the car and see if it starts with car charger.
Looks like you didn't read what I have replied.

Neither power cable plug in or plug out won't start the camera. Means I have use cable itself. I have used car charger, wall charger and on computer with no luck.

I think I saw this somewhere but can't recall. What does the light color mean. The thin vertical bar between the microsd and screen. Mine sometimes flashes blue/purple or red. I take it if it's flashing, it's recording or writing to the microsd card but not sure what the color means.

I created a ball mount which I will post pictures later. I use the G1WH dashcam pole mount and use the rear view mirror bar to mount. No more suction cup. I stripped the G90 mount, took out the connectors and dremmeled the small ball off. This provides a hole that can fit a #6 screw and stripped off a G1WH ball from its mount and screwed it in the G90 mount. So now I have a custom mount with a ball head that can fit into a numerous number of mounts.

Looks like you didn't read what I have replied.

Neither power cable plug in or plug out won't start the camera. Means I have use cable itself. I have used car charger, wall charger and on computer with no luck.
Have you tried the port on the mount instead of the camera.
If both ports don't give power to the camera, then it may be defective.

Have you tried the port on the mount instead of the camera.
If both ports don't give power to the camera, then it may be defective.

I have sent back the camera. And waiting for gearbest refund.

I have order a new unit from gearbest and hope will get a working one.

Hi All,
Just a few Newb questions if anyone has the time and patience:
Just got Dome A7LA70 and a bit surprised to find the HDR function is only on 1920/1080 at 30fps????
WDR feature was highlighted on website for low light conditions, but no settings for this,so when and how is WDR applied?
Is it possible to apply HDR and or WDR feature to all resolutions via firmware fix?
Manual states battery can be charged via USB cable in roughly two hours,the blue charging light should go out automatically - six hours later it's still on!Also,cannot use DVR when USB data cable is charging,the display just shows "USB connecting".

Anyone got any ideas???
Regards

Is it possible to apply HDR and or WDR feature to all resolutions via firmware fix?
no; only 1080p/30fps
Manual states battery can be charged via USB cable in roughly two hours,the blue charging light should go out automatically - six hours later it's still on!
again, which is on: blue or red ?
Also,cannot use DVR when USB data cable is charging,the display just shows "USB connecting
you can; use the mount (it has only two wires for the power, but not data wires).

Blue light is permanently on,no red.
from what I remember, on mine once the charging is done the blue light turns off and only the red remains(I'll test)

Thanks,I've tried turning it on a couple of times but it just shuts down after a few seconds,assuming the worst- a duff battery.

Thanks,I've tried turning it on a couple of times but it just shuts down after a few seconds,assuming the worst- a duff battery
when is new, it should stays on couple of minutes. Then, this duration decreases.
Also, don't forget that the battery has a very small capacity. If the GPS is connected, then don't expect to stay on for too long time.

Both G90's I have don't last more than couple minutes with full battery.

Thanks both,left it on charge over night and the blue light has eventually gone out, just tried operating it on battery only and it lasted a very impressive 18 mins(taking photos and going thru menus altering settings etc,just a guess but it probably took well over 8 hours to fully charge,which considering the tiny capacity of the battery, is just bizarre.

SZDome might want to adjust the charging circuit current!?!

SZDome might want to adjust the charging circuit current!?!
From what I read in forum, I don't think G90's are getting any update neither in firmware nor in hardware.

From what I read in forum, I don't think G90's are getting any update neither in firmware nor in hardware.

it's price sensitive product so usually only deal breaker issues get attention, improvements and firmware polishing doesn't really happen unless it's at the request of a larger customer

Well, looks like my unit has bit the dust. It keeps shutting down. I have to power on and sometimes have to press the OK button to get it recording again. I updated the FW but no go. Too bad, it was a nice unit. I tried going on to szdome's website but it seems like it's down.

If anyone knows how to fix this, that would be great.

For now, I got another G1WH and has been solid in my other vehicle.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Hajo G90 6