MINI 2 Freezing

not sure. All i know is i can not duplicate it on my bench. 1 customer had it happen multiple times to the point customer had to take off mount and reput on miount everytime they got into car. They now have an A229 Plus that is working fine
Could you please suggest that customer open a ticket here so we can get more details to figure out the issue?

Could you please suggest that customer open a ticket here so we can get more details to figure out the issue?
We are the customer. We take care of our customers from beginning to the end. My contacts at Viofo have been made aware of everything. We are mainly asking the community to see if anyone has any similar challenges

I have the very same problem with my mini2. It is definitely the event parking mode, it just doesn’t work and is very poorly implemented. If you set the camera to low bitrate parking mode the camera works fine, this has taken me months to isolate the problem to event parking.
This was reported on the forum months ago, I myself have made a previous posting about this. Don’t expect this to be fixed by viofo, all customer services do is blame the card, despite using one of their recommended cards, which according to them is now showing problems for others but somehow works perfectly in low bitrate mode? However I have used 4 other cards, all work perfectly in low bitrate but not event parking! Viofo will provide numerous versions of firmware only when you “update” the firmware it’s the same version of what was already on the camera. This is what you call being given the runaround when they know they have a problem but can’t or can’t be bothered to fix. Someone on this forum said viofo customer services are great, I disagree, there is a distinct problem with the mini2 and they just have buried their heads in the sand and refuse to acknowledge that event parking just doesn’t work, they should remove this from the description as it’s false advertising. I have given up with getting event parking to work, why should I be part of the viofo development team when they can’t even be bothered to develop the firmware. It’s particularly galling when I have three Vicovation cameras that are at least 6 yrs old, that have superior video quality (mini2 has artifacts issues) event parking and works flawlessly!
Another issue I have is the WiFi, it’s rather flakey and whenever I try to delete a video using my iPhone all I get is an error message. I couldn’t be bothered to report this to viofo as all I’ll get is change the card or “update” the firmware.
I now wish I had bought another make and certainly won’t be buying another viofo again.

Another issue a forgot about is that if you use event parking all of the parking files are locked, which is just plain stupid, it won’t be long before the card is full and then zero recording will take place. I raised this issue with viofo who stated this was how it was designed to work. Make of this what you will!

So another reason to not use auto event mode.
Can you show a print screen with the parking files from the card?

Another issue a forgot about is that if you use event parking all of the parking files are locked, which is just plain stupid, it won’t be long before the card is full and then zero recording will take place. I raised this issue with viofo who stated this was how it was designed to work. Make of this what you will!
I believe they make a firmware version that does not lock parking mode files, just ask them for it.

I believe they make a firmware version that does not lock parking mode files, just ask them for it.
Yeah I’ve had that, in fact I’ve been given links to 4 versions of firmware by customer services, they are all the same, in event parking all the parking files are locked. In low bitrate parking the files are all unlocked.
I won’t use event parking and I’m not updating the firmware again, ever……as it works.
I can provide a screenshot as it is but I’m not switching on event parking again, I don’t want to be driving around with the camera frozen. There were a couple of incidents when I first got the camera that would’ve resulted in prosecutions for such dangerous driving but that was when I discovered the camera was recording nothing at all because it was frozen. I don’t trust this camera one little bit.
If you want a screenshot in low bitrate mode please let me know. In event parking mode, not a chance! I will however have a look through my iCloud and see if the screenshots I took at the time are still there.

I won’t use event parking and I’m not updating the firmware again, ever……as it works.
This is of course your right, if you don’t want to, don’t update the firmware.
New firmware is created to eliminate the shortcomings identified in previous firmware.
I remember Viofo posted firmware in which files are not blocked when using the "Auto Event Detection" parking mode.
There was also a firmware that fixed the error of the Mini 2 leaving the parking mode when using the "Auto Event Detection" parking mode.
But anyone who has never installed these firmwares will never see these changes.

Reactions: Mtz
There in lies the problem with the updates, they don’t work. The updates to solving the locked parking files hasn’t worked, I’ve had 5 different updates so far and all not working.
As it stands the camera works on low bitrate parking, I can just about trust it to record whilst driving, I’m not going to risk that with yet another “update”.
I would like to sell it and buy something else but I wouldn’t feel good offloading this camera onto someone else. I’ll just wait now until it dies, which somehow I don’t think will be too long…..last week temps hit 24c in the uk, it wouldn’t work for 20 mins until my cars aircon brought the temp down. Not impressed at all.

last week temps hit 24c in the uk, it wouldn’t work for 20 mins until my cars aircon brought the temp down.
I've been using Mini 2 for a year now. The temperature outside rose to +38°C.
I think you can imagine what the temperature was in the parking lot inside the car with the engine not running...
Mini 2 worked in "Low Bitrate Recording" parking mode without any problems. The operating time in the parking lot reached 10 hours.

I now wish I had bought another make and certainly won’t be buying another viofo again.
Hello,
I understand your frustration.
The camera should work as advertised.
You should not have to be a diagnostician / Quality Control Inspector.

1.) What do you think a fair resolution to your complaint would be?
2.) Would you be willing to accept a full cash refund for all Viofo products purchased (dash cam, Viofo brand sd card, hardwire kit, cpl filter, etc)?
-Chuck

1.) What do you think a fair resolution to your complaint would be?
2.) Would you be willing to accept a full cash refund for all Viofo products purchased (dash cam, Viofo brand sd card, hardwire kit, cpl filter, etc)?
Are you the new Chief Viofo?
Is Bill out of business? :unsure:

Yeah I’ve had that, in fact I’ve been given links to 4 versions of firmware by customer services, they are all the same, in event parking all the parking files are locked. In low bitrate parking the files are all unlocked.
I can provide a screenshot as it is but I’m not switching on event parking again, I don’t want to be driving around with the camera frozen. There were a couple of incidents when I first got the camera that would’ve resulted in prosecutions for such dangerous driving but that was when I discovered the camera was recording nothing at all because it was frozen. I don’t trust this camera one little bit.
If you want a screenshot in low bitrate mode please let me know. In event parking mode, not a chance! I will however have a look through my iCloud and see if the screenshots I took at the time are still there.
Firstly, we deeply apologize for the inconvenience both me and our products caused to you. We should explain that there are two firmwares in total to keep the videos from being locked in Auto Event Detection parking mode actually. We send the old one to you before getting the optimized one. So we sent the optimized one to you once you noted us that the old one cannot help. The optimized one shall be V1.0 20240129: https://we.tl/t-EX2a8TCKWC We have sent this to you on March but have not got a reply. Would you mind updating this one to test if it help?

Back