Missing locked files

johnpsz

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm new and just looking for more info as to what may be the problem with my A139 3ch. I am new to Viofo, but not new to dashcams, and this one is having a problem with retaining locked (protected) files. I have searched the forums and found this issue discussed in the Viofo A129 section, but not in the Viofo A139 section, so I'm not sure why mine might be having this issue.

How to reproduce the issue on my device:
Either hit some potholes on purpose to cause the g-sensor to lock a file (giving the voice confirmation that it was protected) a file or pressing the lock button on the device. The locked files are there only for that day, and missing on the following day. Meaning on day 1 if you get a locked file, on day 2 it is not there at all in the locked folder or the all files folder (even with the files before and after the locked event are still in the "All Files" folder).

My troubleshooting was: We locked a file by pressing the button on the device that was time stamped 14:46 yesterday, today I didn't lock any files, and the locked folder is empty, in the "all files" folder I have the videos for all 3 channels with the 14:43 (and everything prior to that timestamp) and videos for all 3 channels from 14:49 (and everything after), but nothing found anywhere for that 14:46 time period. However, I could find it in both the "Locked Files" and "All Files" yesterday. I didn't delete the file manually or anything like that, I didn't even open it, I just verified it was there.

I did this test because last week were were on a long road trip and I locked 2 files, but was too tired to download them when we got to our destination, and went in the next morning to get them, yet they were gone. I found this to be true a few times when trying to look at locked files the next day, for the past week, and then purposely did the steps above keeping track of the time stamp and verifying they were there on day of locking but not there any longer on the next day. I see this as a big issue if I get in a serious accident and have to be transported away from my truck (to the hospital for example) and not being able to pull up the incident the next day or any time after. I doubt I can ask EMT's to let me download the clips to my phone or take out the card.

Have you checked by putting the sd card into a computer in case it’s the app just not showing them? Mine sometimes takes a few attempts to show the locked files properly although haven’t had this issue that you have so it’s just a suggestion. What firmware do you have installed? Maybe someone on the same could test and confirm they don’t have the issue

I have never had a problem with missing locked files, But ! i must also say the only locked files i generate are pressing the event button, and of course i can not recall how many times or when i have done that.

Hi @johnpsz
I'm new and just looking for more info as to what may be the problem with my A139 3ch. I am new to Viofo, but not new to dashcams, and this one is having a problem with retaining locked (protected) files. I have searched the forums and found this issue discussed in the Viofo A129 section, but not in the Viofo A139 section, so I'm not sure why mine might be having this issue.

How to reproduce the issue on my device:
Either hit some potholes on purpose to cause the g-sensor to lock a file (giving the voice confirmation that it was protected) a file or pressing the lock button on the device. The locked files are there only for that day, and missing on the following day. Meaning on day 1 if you get a locked file, on day 2 it is not there at all in the locked folder or the all files folder (even with the files before and after the locked event are still in the "All Files" folder).

My troubleshooting was: We locked a file by pressing the button on the device that was time stamped 14:46 yesterday, today I didn't lock any files, and the locked folder is empty, in the "all files" folder I have the videos for all 3 channels with the 14:43 (and everything prior to that timestamp) and videos for all 3 channels from 14:49 (and everything after), but nothing found anywhere for that 14:46 time period. However, I could find it in both the "Locked Files" and "All Files" yesterday. I didn't delete the file manually or anything like that, I didn't even open it, I just verified it was there.

I did this test because last week were were on a long road trip and I locked 2 files, but was too tired to download them when we got to our destination, and went in the next morning to get them, yet they were gone. I found this to be true a few times when trying to look at locked files the next day, for the past week, and then purposely did the steps above keeping track of the time stamp and verifying they were there on day of locking but not there any longer on the next day. I see this as a big issue if I get in a serious accident and have to be transported away from my truck (to the hospital for example) and not being able to pull up the incident the next day or any time after. I doubt I can ask EMT's to let me download the clips to my phone or take out the card.
Have you solved your problem?
I have the same issue I think. My files are not being locked neither when locked manually nor automatically by G-Sensor. I had previously another Viofo cam and was very content with it, but A139 Pro seems useless to me if it can't lock files.
There seems to be no new firmware which could potentialy solve the problem.
Moreover after last time the files disappeare I've checked once that the recordings have been locked and after some time I'm not able to find those files anymore.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TonyM A139 15
Back