Parking Battery-Power Station, 3X capacity and 3X cheaper than dedicated options + extra functionality

Thank you very much. It's really a pity that Baseus advertises 140W while it's not the case. Do you also confirm that it's totally impossible to run any UPS fast enough using the 5V USB-OUT of the PS?
I would not say it is impossible :), simply so far I was not able to find fast enough 5V UPS/Relay/Double power transfer switch.
I am not sure about Capacitor with the Relay, some testing needed, it was used to power A119V3 camera, not so demanding and similar to Mini2, I guess.
As noted earlier UPS also works for Mini2 in 5V system.
However the problem is with the new, very sensitive and intolerant to tiniest power disruption DVRs, such as A229Pro/Plus and A139 Pro, which work with the same UPS in 12V system but not 5V system.

On a good note:
Today, I received the first in the list, 5V to 12V converter, I measured the unloaded output voltage and it is good at 12.13V.
Tomorrow, I will test Baseus PS with this Converter and UPS to power A229Plus with HK4, set to 11.8V cutoff, and will videotape and post.

Last edited:
I would not say it is impossible :), simply so far I was not able to find fast enough 5V UPS/Relay/Double power transfer switch.
I am not sure about Capacitor with the Relay, some testing needed, it was used to power A119V3 camera, not so demanding and similar to Mini2, I guess.
The noted earlier UPS also works for Mini2 in 5V system.
However the problem is with the new, very sensitive and intolerant to tiniest power disruption DVRs, such as A229Pro/Plus and A139 Pro, which work with the same UPS in 12V system but not 5V system.

On a good note:
Today, I received the first in the list, 5V to 12V converter, I measured the unloaded output voltage and it is good at 12.13V.
Tomorrow, I will test Baseus PS with this Converter and UPS to power A229Plus with HK4, set to 11.8V cutoff, and will videotape and post.
Thank you very much, let's hope this will be working!

P.S.: They mention that the device you have purchased converts e.g. 5V@3A to 12V@1.25A, then if I understand well, the HK4 will convert this back to something close to 5V@3A? In other words, the current would need to be re-increased, or else the current received by the DVR will be insufficient.

Last edited:
Thank you very much, let's hope this will be working!

P.S.: They mention that the device you have purchased converts e.g. 5V@3A to 12V@1.25A, then if I understand well, the HK4 will convert this back to something close to 5V@3A? In other words, the current would need to be re-increased, or else the current received by the DVR will be insufficient.
Those are the max rated values.
Required power is defined by DVR, for A229Pro, 3Ch, it is about 7W, including HK4.
HK4 converts 12V back to about 5.4V, hence current to DVR would be 7W/5.4V=1.3A
Back to PS, current out of Converter would be 7W/12V=0.65A (about 50% of rated 1.25A)
We can estimate 5V to 12V converter efficiency at 90%, hence current out of USB-A port and into Converter would be (7W/0.9)/5=1.55A (also about 50% of rated 3A)
Nothing comes for free, any time we add Converter or any other component we reduce overall efficiency, in this case parking time will be reduced roughly by 10%, in exchange to faster charging (we hope) and most importantly to added reliability by bypassing power to DVR from PS.

This is very helpful, thank you!

It's reassuring to see that charging using the DC5521 and 100W (90W) work, and so frustrating that Baseus doesn't communicate on the failure about the 140W.

As you've explained, depending on the limiting factor which is actually the duration the car engine in running per day, we either:
1) lose 10% of parking recording time (because of the loss brought by the 5V-to-12V converter),
2) or 10% (100W vs. 90W) of charging capacity of the PS, in which case DC-out should be used instead of the USB-A 5V-to-12V converter (because if the so-called 100W, but actually 90W PD-3.0 charger is used, then the DC-out is functional)

Back