Porsche Taycan 4S, Garmin 67W front, Mini 2 rear

Armyav8tor

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm using a Garmin 67W in the front and Mini 2 in the rear of my Porsche Taycan 4S. The only thing I care about is that it has to work reliability and look good. I've had a Garmin Speak Plus for years in my M3 so I'm familiar with the crappy Garmin Drive App. The important part for me is that you can hardly notice it when installed and if you do notice it, it looks pleasant and not out of place/cheap like some of the other solutions I've researched. I've had the 67W for a month and no complaints so far, the Mini 2 is a new addition and so far so good as well.

IMG_8194.jpegIMG_8200.jpegIMG_8202.jpegIMG_8180.jpegIMG_8204.jpegIMG_8205.jpegScreen Shot 2021-09-05 at 6.48.38 PM.jpegScreen Shot 2021-09-05 at 6.46.35 PM.jpegIMG_8206.jpeg

That's a tidy install in the space available behind the rear view mirror. The red light on the rear camera would bug me though.

...The red light on the rear camera would bug me though.
Yeah, there would be a small piece of electrical tape, or similar, over that in very short order if it were mine.

The Mini 2 red LED light isn’t as bright as it is shown in the picture. I’m still sporting an iPhone 7 Plus from launch day and used an App called NightMode which takes multiple shots and merge them together to make pictures in low light look good. On top of that, I don’t really notice it in the rear view mirror because I placed the Mini 2 on the driver side of the rear windshield and my rear view mirror is tilted toward the passenger side. This new setup gives me a peace of mind knowing all the stupid will be captured against the perpetrators as evidence. The Mini 2 seems to have some issues coming out of Park Mode though, I’ve had to unplug/plug power cable which is currently running into the always on USB-C port in the Taycan (under the back seat). My 67W is running off the Garmin Parking Mode cable and have been absolutely flawless since I bought it (now over a month). I could run another Parking Mode cable to the Mini 2 but then I’m lazy so I’ll continue to reach back and unplug/plug the power cable whenever the Mini 2 stops responding.

Back