Power options- Lk-290 v Lk-570

tim_h

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi- I'd love some suggestions for the best power option for the the Lukas LK-7950wd.
I'm curious whether to use a Lk-290 power adapter or an Lk-570 battery pack.

I live in NYC, and my Subaru Outback is parked in a ridiculously tight car park all week- i usually use it once a week, sometimes once every 2 weeks, and ideally would love the camera running while it's parked, but don't want to drain the car battery, and am curious if the battery pack is going to last for long.

For power adapters, i'm looking at these: the Lk-290 or the Black Vue Power Magic Pro
For battery packs i 'm looking at these: Lk-570 or the Cellink Battery B

Any thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Hey Tim_h

Obviously you would only need one or the other.
Both the LK-290 and BVPMP have low voltage cut off functions.
I would recommend the Lukas version of the two because I have had difficulties from customers trying to use either device on the opposite manufactures camera.

As for the LK-570 or Cellink Battery B.
They are actually the exact same device. Lukas has paid the manufacture to make the device with their name on it.

Both of them are coming with the function of low voltage cutoff.

For the LK290, it is only a cable for low voltage cutoff and also LK350 is an option (with a little screen). If you want the dash cam to be turning on for more than 20 hours, then you can go for the LK570.

However, I heard that you are using your car once or twice a week. So, either of them is fine for you, because the cam will not stay for that long if it is in parking mode, it will need so much battery to work on.

Really depends on your demand.

Why not just use the included hardwire kit as the LK-7950 has all of this built in?

Why not just use the included hardwire kit as the LK-7950 has all of this built in?
Very good point. I didn't think of that.
With the Lk-7950, the LK-290 or LK-350 or even power magic pro would serve no purpose.

thanks for the replies!
do you know if there's any electrical interference issues with mounting locations for either the front/rear cameras?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Greg Smith LK-7950 1
J LK-7950 10
Back