rear camera cable

enlevike

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys. I want to use the rear camera inside to monitorize my passengers. So the cable supplied is to long...i dont have space to hide it... what kind of cable should i look for?is it a simple micro male usb to micro male usb? Where can i buy one in the uk?advices apreciated. Thanks

It is standard microusb male to male, but it has to be NOT OTG !

It something like link below, except has to be without OTG function:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B005M1MK64
You may go trought amazon ( sorry , I did not had time to surf ) and maybe you find it there.

My cable was about 6-12" too short for my liking, and that's in a Nissan Altima sedan, routed around the windshield, down to the carpet along the door, along the bottom of the floor, up the edge of the rear seat, back to the rear windshield, up the rear windshield's edge and up around to the top middle of the windshield.

Would be nice to know where to order longer cables if I change cars or for other family members, I searched for a longer cable when I got the dashcam, but couldn't find one, this male to male is a non-standard type, so it's not carried anywhere other than supplied in the dashcam box.

i have a super fat suv and the x2's rear cable was about 3 feet too short. i picked up a stubby from amazon and over months and months later, all is well.

My cable was about 6-12" too short for my liking, and that's in a Nissan Altima sedan, routed around the windshield, down to the carpet along the door, along the bottom of the floor, up the edge of the rear seat, back to the rear windshield, up the rear windshield's edge and up around to the top middle of the windshield.

Would be nice to know where to order longer cables if I change cars or for other family members, I searched for a longer cable when I got the dashcam, but couldn't find one, this male to male is a non-standard type, so it's not carried anywhere other than supplied in the dashcam box.
The intention would normally be to run the cable in the roof space and not come down and back up the pillars

I still need to mount the rear camera in my truck on the toppers (canopy) back window. I'll probably need another 6-8' of cable.

Is there any restrictions on length? And any special type of usb cable needed?

over a certain length and the signal needs to be repeated with a powered usb cable. i think over 20 feet and you get into issues with signal degradation..

over a certain length and the signal needs to be repeated with a powered usb cable. i think over 20 feet and you get into issues with signal degradation..

they use a send and receive chipset so it's actually capable of around 18m without signal degradation

Back