Setting Motion range?

Unstuck 16

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just bought and installed my Lukas 9750 WD last weekend. I have the unit connected to the battery for "Parking Mode" recording and I tried to set the sensitivity low and the "Motion Sensitivity" range short. I am using my iPhone 6+ to change the settings. I am curious how to set the Motion Detection, what do all those boxes mean? Are the boxes on the bottom closer to the vehicle or further away? Also, I have my "Motion Sensitivity" set to insensitivity but my unit is recording non-stop. My Lukas is being set off by shadows or braches moving when I just want it to record when people get within 5 feet of my vehicle. When I return to my vehicle I have recordings every 3 minutes. Any help or tips would be great.

I just bought and installed my Lukas 9750 WD last weekend. I have the unit connected to the battery for "Parking Mode" recording and I tried to set the sensitivity low and the "Motion Sensitivity" range short. I am using my iPhone 6+ to change the settings. I am curious how to set the Motion Detection, what do all those boxes mean? Are the boxes on the bottom closer to the vehicle or further away? Also, I have my "Motion Sensitivity" set to insensitivity but my unit is recording non-stop. My Lukas is being set off by shadows or braches moving when I just want it to record when people get within 5 feet of my vehicle. When I return to my vehicle I have recordings every 3 minutes. Any help or tips would be great.

Hey. I would try changing these settings from the Lukas Viewer application for your computer. That will ensure the settings are saving. Sometimes from the application it does not. Also make sure your camera is up to date. The latest 7950 can be downloaded here. Download Lukas LK-7950 Firmware Fi17

The boxes are representing a grid. Try to think of that grid overlaying on your cameras field of view. When you select a part of the grid. It will watch for motion in that square, while not watching for motion in any of the unselected boxes.

Hey. I would try changing these settings from the Lukas Viewer application for your computer. That will ensure the settings are saving. Sometimes from the application it does not. Also make sure your camera is up to date. The latest 7950 can be downloaded here. Download Lukas LK-7950 Firmware Fi17

The boxes are representing a grid. Try to think of that grid overlaying on your cameras field of view. When you select a part of the grid. It will watch for motion in that square, while not watching for motion in any of the unselected boxes.
Thx for the reply. So for the front grid boxes the lower boxes are closer to the vehicle? And the rear upper grid boxes are closer to the vehicle? I have the 2 camera 7950 WD

That is very strange. Could you try updating it again?
Updated and reinstalled the 1.17 3 times and now I worse off then when I started. When I start the vehicle is says welcome then a error4 code and goes into "parking mode" then when I turn the vehicle off in "terminates program" shuts off the Lukas, no recording when vehicle is off now. This sucks

Are you using the OBD connection? Check the connection if you are, make sure it's snug and tight.

Are you using the OBD connection? Check the connection if you are, make sure it's snug and tight.
I'm not using the OBD connection and I have those options turned off.

Ok, I will give it another shot when I get home this evening. Thx again for the help!

OK, looks like things are back to normal now. I am able to record while driving and in parking mode. I still need to work with the range and sensitivity to get it shorter range but at least I'm up and running. Thanks for all your help Robert!! You're the man, if you ever in South Florida I owe you a steak dinner 8)

OK, looks like things are back to normal now. I am able to record while driving and in parking mode. I still need to work with the range and sensitivity to get it shorter range but at least I'm up and running. Thanks for all your help Robert!! You're the man, if you ever in South Florida I owe you a steak dinner 8)
Haha thanks for the offer! I am just I was able to help :cool:

Back