Think I'm Hosed for an integrated dual channel system...

BusterDuster

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Lukas 7950, Mobius C2
Hi all, I really like the Lukas dual 7950WD system (5 meter, 16.4 ft rear cable) my second would probably be the dual K1S (6 meter, 19.7 ft rear cable) but the Lukas seems much more polished. The problem is that I have a Toyota Sienna full size van (actually a handicap van, see introductions recent post). I’ve spoken with two different installers and compared the installation to a rear backup camera. Each says that they need 20-25 feet of cable. The K1S might squeeze by but if they need 6 more inches then I'm hosed. Asked about extensions here, some say the usb cables used are non standard, other suggest using an Active Extension/Repeater Cable, which seems to be an unknown quantity as far as compatibility.
Am I really hosed??

If so, my alternative is two separate systems. I am handicap and can’t walk so I can’t just jump out of the van to mark an event on the rear camera; not sure how important that really is but auto with an integrated system. However, if I needed to show someone a video there could be accessibility issues too. Also, any maintenance, I read that you should format the sd card weekly, might be a pain, or re-programming (I'm either in a scooter when driving or power wheelchair at home.

If I had to go this route can anybody suggest a good combination of cams (I have a 12v outlet in the rear). I really want dependable high quality (not insanely high quality/cost). I live in the low desert near Palm Springs California and summers are insanely hot… I try to do my business in the early morning or late evening if driving. Clearly need a high temperature system with capacitors.

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions. Cheers !

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem. I just didn't want you to think that you were being ignored.

Back