Thoughts on Windshield Static Sticker

mealto

Reaction score
Country
Canada
So I see the Mini 2 has a new Windshield Static Sticker. Saw one video where if the lens is peering through this sticker, night lights are affected in the video. What is the consensus today for using this sticker. It seems to be electrostatic so it looks good. Just checking in to see if anyone has cut this down to size to make absolutely sure the lens is not behind the sticker. Any thoughts?

• You definitely don't want the lens looking through the sticker, so the camera needs to be mounted near the lower edge of the sticker.
  • The sticker can be cut down to size, I recommend it overlapping the edge of the sticky pad by 1cm or more for full holding strength. Last time I cut one up, I got 4 small static stickers out of it, but that probably depends on which camera you are mounting.
  • You do not need to use the static sticker, its only purpose is to allow easy removal of the dashcam mount, the sticky pad on its own is not easy to remove.
  • Make sure the glass is clean and free of polish/grease/oil/dust before using either the sticker or stickypad, and that the sticker stays clean while applying it. A small amount of dishwashing detergent is very good for removing oil/grease, don't use cleaners that leave a residue or polish on the cleaned surface.

Back