Upgrade the front and rear camera firmware separately?

newdashcam1

Reaction score
Country
United States
From the Firmware Update Instructions in our forum,

It says
"you must upgrade the front camera and rear camera firmware separately"
and
"Download and copy the FWA129S.bin, RearcamA129FW.bin, and RearcamA129FW.update to your microSD card".

However, the instruction on official site and youtubers only upgrade the front camera, and I didn't find those mentioned file: RearcamA129FW.bin, and RearcamA129FW.update from official instruction.

Could anyone tell me do we need to upgrade front and back camera separately? Where are those two files for rear camera? Thanks in advance!

Could anyone tell me do we need to upgrade front and back camera separately?
Yes, they are updated separately.
If the rear camera is working properly, there is no need to update the firmware. It is enough to update the main camera.

Yes, they are updated separately.
If the rear camera is working properly, there is no need to update the firmware. It is enough to update the main camera.
Thanks for your reply.
In order to update the rear cam, do I still need to connect the rear cam with the front cam using the longer wire? Then download RearcamA129FW.bin, and RearcamA129FW.update to the SD card?

I am shocked that the official site says nothing about it. Neither can I find those two files. Where can I find those two bin files for the rear cam? Thanks!

Every time there is a new update for A129 plus duo from official site, software link of both rear and front camera can be added.

The date of manufacture can be added next to it. (the date of manufacture should be on other models as well)

This makes it easy to see if an update is needed.

@Karagandinez
thanks for the link.
I know about this.
I suggest that only new users or users who are not in the forum and not very interested should have this information in the support section of the official site for easy access.

Hello,

I have lost my rear camera to the latest firmware update REAR CAMERA FIRMWARE Change Log for V1.9_20230221

I updated the firmware following the instructions provided on the official support page for Viofo A129 Plus Duo: https://viofo.com/content/37-viofo-a129-plus-duo-dash-cam-support/ watching the video provided on this thread:
and now my Rear Camera isn't getting detected.

Please provide a link to download the original firmware V1.0

Had I known this was going to happen, I would never have updated my firmware. The only reason I updated the firmware was the over exposed night time footage.

Please help.

Hello,

I have lost my rear camera to the latest firmware update REAR CAMERA FIRMWARE Change Log for V1.9_20230221

I updated the firmware following the instructions provided on the official support page for Viofo A129 Plus Duo: https://viofo.com/content/37-viofo-a129-plus-duo-dash-cam-support/ watching the video provided on this thread:
and now my Rear Camera isn't getting detected.

Please provide a link to download the original firmware V1.0

Had I known this was going to happen, I would never have updated my firmware. The only reason I updated the firmware was the over exposed night time footage.

Please help.
Since it cannot be detected now, there is no access to update the firmware successfully. Please contact our support to get a new rear cable to test: https://support.viofo.com/support/tickets/new

Since it cannot be detected now, there is no access to update the firmware successfully. Please contact our support to get a new rear cable to test: https://support.viofo.com/support/tickets/new
Why a new cable when others have proven it is the rear camera that gets bricked?

May I suggest Viofo remove the faulty firmware from all their sites and place instructions on your website that a new firmware will be released soon and request customers not to use the 1.9 version due to corruption when it was uploaded to the official site which was only discovered recently.

It will save Viofo money and prevent getting disgruntled customers which I know Viofo want to make happy.

Cheers.

I appreciate the offer but I am confused, my rear camera and cable were working just fine right up until I updated the firmware.

Are you saying the firmware update fried my rear camera cable? Because that's what it sounds like.

Also, are you going to send the cable free of cost? IF so, can I have it delivered anywhere in the world?

Please confirm.

Thanks!
Regards

I appreciate the offer but I am confused, my rear camera and cable were working just fine right up until I updated the firmware.

Are you saying the firmware update fried my rear camera cable? Because that's what it sounds like.

Also, are you going to send the cable free of cost? IF so, can I have it delivered anywhere in the world?

Please confirm.

Thanks!
Regards
Most likely, the rear camera has been broken during the update. If your rear cable can work well before, then a new rear camera is needed. The cost of accessories is determined by the time of usage. Please contact our support to confirm this.

Why a new cable when others have proven it is the rear camera that gets bricked?

May I suggest Viofo remove the faulty firmware from all their sites and place instructions on your website that a new firmware will be released soon and request customers not to use the 1.9 version due to corruption when it was uploaded to the official site which was only discovered recently.

It will save Viofo money and prevent getting disgruntled customers which I know Viofo want to make happy.

Cheers.
The firmware has solved unstable issues of the rear camera for many customers before actually. Thanks for your reminder, we will keep paying attention to this to confirm if the issue is related to the firmware itself.

Back