USDashCamera VAVA 2k Dash Cam Review

USDashCamera

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey all, been awhile since I posted one of my reviews here. I have been carried away with my youtube channel and been straying from here, but you're all in my heart still, finding this forum when I bought my first dash cam. VAVA reached out to me on this forum and asked if I wanted to review this cam so I wanted to make sure to post my review here.

As usual my typical reviews here include my pros and cons, with a video review to cover the details. I am very open about not being very big on suction cup dash cams because they seem like temporary mounts to me that just arent very discrete, But I'll admit VAVA has made something pretty interesting. I do feel suction cup dash cams have their place in the market so I always want to consider them and try them out without my personal bias as much as I can.

Pros:

This cam does use the OV4689 image sensor that the A119 uses. It also uses the Novatek NT96663 chipset, and the video quality is very comparable to other cams in the price range. The big difference is it does have a wifi app which works great, and very clean looking. The cam is affordable at $130 without the optional GPS attachment. I like the fact that you can easily turn the camera around and record in your car in case you want to record something such as a police encounter. The Wifi app feels well made, no issues there, makes downloading backup files to your phone very easy.

Cons:

Well like I said above I am not a big fan of suction cup mounts but for the market this is aiming for I suppose this form factor works. BUT, I am not a fan of VAVA's marketing that claims you can capture people breaking into your car, or hit and runs... but you can't do both at the same time! This is a single channel camera, so if you turn it inside your car you cannot capture any parking lot hit and runs. I would personally always keep it pointing out viewing the road, other than maybe being pulled over by police. Maybe rideshare drivers could make use of this, but I think the vantrue N2 pro is a much better option if you can afford it because it is two channel and records outside and inside at the same time. But the Vantrue N2 Pro is $70 more so it all comes down to budget. For the price this cam is, it seems very fair.

Really tho in conclusion its hard to dislike this cam, the quality feels very nice, the video quality is very nice for the price, and the wifi app feels fully developed and I had no issues using it including downloading files. The only major issue I feel people could have is the form factor, but again thats just my own personal bias.

Check out my video review here:

thank you for the review

Nice review. Personally, I disagree on the suction mount. For anyone with multiple vehicles, a job where they drive more than 1 vehicle, has to drive a loan car or borrow a vehicle, or test drive one for that matter, or who simply wants to remove it for security, or doesn't want to risk breaking the windscreen un-sticking an un-humanely strong 3M pad, a suction mount is the perfect mount.

The real answer, given the low cost of adhesive pads and moulded plastic mounts, is to offer a dual mounting option of suction and adhesive with the end user simply choosing from their kit whichever suits their needs. Including both also allows for mounting needs that may change over time. Personally, I wouldn't buy a cameras without a suction mount and have just disposed of a brand new top brand camera I would have liked to have kept for my car, for that very reason.

Nice review. Personally, I disagree on the suction mount. For anyone with multiple vehicles, a job where they drive more than 1 vehicle, has to drive a loan car or borrow a vehicle, or test drive one for that matter, or who simply wants to remove it for security, or doesn't want to risk breaking the windscreen un-sticking an un-humanely strong 3M pad, a suction mount is the perfect mount.

The real answer, given the low cost of adhesive pads and moulded plastic mounts, is to offer a dual mounting option of suction and adhesive with the end user simply choosing from their kit whichever suits their needs. Including both also allows for mounting needs that may change over time. Personally, I wouldn't buy a cameras without a suction mount and have just disposed of a brand new top brand camera I would have liked to have kept for my car, for that very reason.
i do like that viofo and anker have released some cams with both adhesive and suction cup mounts. while i wouldnt want to personally use a suction cup as my main mount, I do see the value in them and see how many users would want one.

for me personally tho i am a big blackvue and thinkware fan. those cams arent that suited for moving between cars.

I use the anker C2 in my work truck, but considering switching to the vava 2k now because of the better video and wifi.

Back