Video of a Wreck - Thoughts on Video Quality or Ways to Imrpove?

rdash

Reaction score
A guy ran a red light (pretty slowly) across several lanes before being basically T-boned earlier this evening. I wasn't super close, so it's kind of hard to see the wreck itself but have a video nonetheless. This is the first time I pulled video from the camera over to my computer. Looking at the video on my computer I can't say I am very impressed with the quality/clarity here. I uploaded to Vimeo here if anyone wants to take a look at the footage:

Edit: Looks like this forum has a special embed for Vimeo. Not sure you can full screen it. The URL to pull it up separately is (just remove the brackets):
https://player.vimeo[.]com/video/230228378

I merged two videos and cut out extraneous stuff with iMovie. I don't think quality was really lost in that effort either, as it looks the same on vimeo as it does from the Mp4 off the memory card.

Does anyone think the quality should be better on the video? If yes, do you think there is possibly a setting I could have wrong to improve this?

A good example to me is.. I am going very slow as I drive by the vehicle that crashed into the redlight runner and you can just barely (and it's hard) make out the license plate of a car that's basically 4 feet away. Granted it's not straight on but it's pretty damn close distance wise. I am tempted to go take a video off my old ITB-100 and see how they compare.

Would appreciate any feedback on the video quality and recommendations. If this is what is .. so be it. If I can change something that would be great (setting, position, other?). FWIW this is mounted right behind the rear view mirror on my 2014 F150.

I had to watch a few times to see the collision, you were a little ways away. Those clouds are awesome.

What I can't believe is that no one (other than you) that witnessed the collision stopped to offer assistance or their witness statement.

Thanks for sharing.

Back