Welp, that was a short ride.

starbl

Reaction score
Country
United States
So, my A139 is on the way back to Amazon now. This morning, it decided it wanted to just continually reset. Yesterday, it froze and didn't record a damn thing while my Blackvue kept on trucking. I can't have that -- I need the piece of mind machine to work.

Here's the details:
A139 hardwired into my toyota, HK3 kit. It was on the windshield in the shaded area to help block some of the sunlight. When I'm out and about, the A/C was on and pointed towards the unit. Parking mode was set to "Automatic" and controlled via the HK3.
256GB SanDisk PRO Extreme Durability card formatted to FAT32 via GUI & exFAT
another one I tried was NON PRO 256GB Sandisk Extreme Durability also FAT32 and exFAT.
Latest firmware from the forums here.

I had all 3 channels on, 2k/FHD/FHD, maximum bitrate. Yes, you could point to the bitrate and go "THERES YOUR PROBLEM" -- but this morning the car was in the attached, climate controlled garage overnight with the dash cam unplugged because I had to pull the SD card out to verify it locked solid, again... so heat in the AM wasn't an issue.

I loved the unit when it worked, short of the wishlist in the other post, but, hell, I could live with those issues if it wasn't for the fact I couldn't trust the damn thing.

if @viofo ever comes out with a a139 v2 with improved cooling, I'll be sure to look at it again because it was an awesome dashcam when it worked.

Agree 100% No idea if the A139 Pro is more reliable but I will look to other dash cam companies in the future. For reference, my A119v2 is still working solid after 8 years.

I've never been that confident with multi channel setups

I just think trying to write 2, 3 or 4 cameras to a single card is asking for problems. Just my opinion though

I have a single channel A119V3 that has never missed a beat since I got it on release

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P A139 1
Gooffeyguy A139 7
Back