2017 Honda CRV. Rexing hardwire kit stops used fuse from working.

Crono0918

Reaction score
Country
United States
Exactly as title says. Hardwired a Rexing V5 anything I plug the 10A red Into ceases to work (haven’t tested the 20A). Does this mean the hardwire kit may be faulty? Or am I doing something wrong?

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Welcome to DCT @Crono0918 :)

Many newer cars use computer-controlled power schemes, and if the computer detects an unexpected power draw it can react to that in various ways, including isolating and de-powering that circuit. Might get an answer faster by asking on a Honda CRV enthusiast forum where someone has bound to have encountered a similar issue with adding aftermarket equipment. Or you could try the fuse for heated seats/ heated mirrors as that's a robust switched circuit which the small added draw of a dashcam shouldn't be noticeable to the computer. Won't hurt or risk anything to tap into a 20A circuit but best to not use safety-critical circuits like exterior lighting, ABS, or airbags (sometimes labelled as "SRS").

Phil

Hardwired a Rexing V5 anything I plug the 10A red Into ceases to work (haven’t tested the 20A). Does this mean the hardwire kit may be faulty? Or am I doing something wrong?
When I installed the hardwire kit for my SG9663DCPRO in my 2016 Honda CR-V I connected the Battery (yellow wire, unswitched) to fuse 41 (door locks) 20A, and the red Accessory wire (switched) to fuse 19 (ACC) 7.5A. It's worked fine for 10 months. I don't know if the 2017 CR-V uses the same fuse numbers, but you could look for door locks and ACC fuses in your owner's manual.

Back